Vacancy: Financial Director
Description: Designed, engineered and built in Kenya, Mobius Motors sells highly durable, highly affordable vehicles for Africa’s mass market. Versatile, rugged and durable, it is designed for African cities whilst still being extremely capable off-road.
We are seeking a minimum three-year commitment from an exceptional mid-late career finance professional to lead the end-to-end development and implementation of financial systems and manage financing.
The role will require a close working relationship with the CEO and COO and close coordination across the broader Director team.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Strategic Thinking: Represent at a leadership level the Finance team and contribute to strategy that aligns the team’s objectives and priorities with the overall objectives of the business to facilitate high quality decision-making across the business.
- Team and Systems-Building: Lead development and implementation of all required policies, processes, and tools to create scalable, extensible Finance systems to drive and enable Mobius growth.
- Fundraising Support: Manage and/or support financing to support business needs for working capital, long-term debt, and growth equity; identify potential sources of funding for Mobius and lead creation of associated financial models to support business plan.
- Budgeting: Create disciplined budgetary control across the company based on well-prepared budgets in line with business plans, ensuring that variances are highlighted and explained on a timely basis; rapid follow-up on cost overruns.
- Reporting: Lead the financial reporting team to produce accurate, compliant, relevant and transparent financial information for both internal and external purposes – including detailed cash flow projections – whilst developing and maintaining a robust internal financial control framework.
- Risk Management: Contribute to the development of effective risk management and mitigation policies and procedures across the company including owning end-to-end insurance matters.
- Team Management: Attract, retain and develop high performing, high potential employees within Finance department.
- Business Analytics: Provide accounting and reporting services appropriate to the needs of the business units, leadership and board to enable effective decision making – including developing tools to monitor and analyse efficiency and profitability.
- Forecasting: Prepare financial forecast and budgets in accordance with and as part of business planning.
- External Reporting: Lead Mobius’ external reporting to shareholders and lenders through annual/interim reports, interim management statements and covenant compliance; own relationships with external auditors, lenders, and other stakeholders; provide timely and accurate financial information for shareholders’ circulars or offering documents and other acquisition/disposal transaction requirements.
- Compliance: Monitor developments in accounting standards and other regulations impacting financial reporting, assessing implications for Mobius; support the business with technical accounting issues and ensure Mobius’ accounting policies are up to date, compliant and correctly applied across the company; lead the efficient structuring and management of tax affairs; oversee and implement an efficient company secretarial process across the business’s entities.
- Controls: Develop and maintain a robust internal financial control framework with a strong focus on enforcing budgetary control, highlighting budget variances and quick/effective solution of contentious issues; lead the robust maintenance of company financial books and records and the preparation of financial statements of the company.
An ideal candidate should have a track record of academic and professional achievement and demonstrate a broad understanding of finance and accounting concepts with a strong passion for Mobius’ business.
They should combine expertise in finance, economics and analytics with exceptional communication, interpersonal and leadership skills as well as on-the-ground pragmatism.
- 5-7 years’ experience as a Financial Director or Manager for a top-tier company
- Significant experience raising financing for working capital, long-term debt, and growth equity
- A start-up personality; entrepreneurial, ambitious, independent, systematic attention to detail, structured thinker, goal-oriented, flexible and able to take initiative and deal well with setbacks
- Organisation and systems-building mind set to develop finance policies, processes, and tools as needed and with limited time and resources
- Excellent business acumen, organisational and strategic agility demonstrated by problem-solving effectiveness and ability to work creatively and independently
- Unimpeachable integrity and highest level of accountability
- Exceptional leadership and ability to manage cross-cultural teams; ability to effectively communicate timelines and progress with both internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent interpersonal skills to build strong rapport with others matched with extreme patience, exceptional persistence, and a good sense of humour
- Experience with ERP and accounting systems
- Bachelor degree (minimum) in Finance, Business, Economics, Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science or similar quantitative subject
- 3.4 GPA or higher from a top university worldwide
- Proficiency in Excel, Power Point, and Word
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with complete fluency in English
- Significant leadership experience and demonstrated success both within and outside of Africa
- Masters in Business Administration (MBA) degree from a top university worldwide or Masters degree (or higher) in Finance, Business, Economics, Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science or similar quantitative subject
- 10+ years’ experience as a Financial Director for top tier companies worldwide
- Significant experience in managing investor relations
- Fluency in Kiswahili (the national language of Kenya)
Application through http://www.mobiusmotors.com/join-us/