Our client East Africa’s leading Supply Chain Company is currently seeking to fill the position of a Warehouse Assistant.
The incumbent will be tasked with the core duty of supervising daily activities of warehouse operations to ensure safe and efficient receiving, storage and issuing of stock.
- Allocate equipment, warehouse space and personnel in accordance with warehouse managers planning schedule.
- Conduct daily operations / toolbox meetings with relevant warehouse teams.
- Conduct daily spot checks to ensure warehouse staff adhere to rules and procedures as published in the relevant operations SOP.
- Co-ordinate inbounds, storage and outbound activities of shipments in a timely and efficient manner.
- Ensure correct stacking and storage procedures are adhered to as per SOP and warehouse manager instruction.
- Perform monthly stock takes in accordance with SOP.
- Issuing of gate passes and delivery notes per truck/activity
- Preparation of manual goods receipt and dispatch notes.
- Ensure that all QHSE regulations are complied with to ensure safe working conditions and practices within the warehouse and yard.
- Ensure security procedures are adhered to as per SOP in warehouse at all times and perform daily checks for compliancy.
- Ensure that warehouse staff archives documentation correctly and in a timely manner.
- Counter sign all stack cards, tally sheets and stock take sheets to ensure stock accuracy.
- Maintain catalogue of all items with dimensions available from warehouse.
- Provide reports as per warehouse manager /clients requirements.
- Process receiving, discrepancy, and damage reports as needed.
- Supervise permanent and casual staff in the warehouse to ensure their job activities are performed correctly.
- Ensure warehouse cleanliness and that warehouse-cleaning roster is up to date all times.
- Carry out all delegated tasks from warehouse manager.
- Participate in budget development and exercise budgetary control over warehouse operations.
- Evaluate complaints received on shipments of equipment and stock, and take appropriate action
- Bachelor’s Degree in business related field; Procurement and Supply Preferred
- 2 years’ experience in warehouse operations in a busy supply chain environment A MUST
- MS Office suite proficient
- Knowledge Warehouse management systems
Qualified & interested candidates to share their CVs via firstname.lastname@example.org CC email@example.com on or before 8th July, 2016.
Note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted