Job Title: Warehouse and Logistics Manager - Renewable Energy
Salary: 100K - 150K
Our client is an award winning company conducting sustainable energy and retail business in developing countries.
They are headquartered in Berlin (Germany) and currently have six subsidiaries in Africa and projects in ten countries in Africa / Asia / America.
He/She will also provide goods and supplies to all their retail shops by overseeing receiving, warehousing, and distribution services.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintains receiving, warehousing, and distribution operations by initiating, coordinating, and enforcing program, operational, and personnel policies and procedures.
- Monitor the retail shop operations in regards to order pick, pack, deliver & reverse logistics process and documentation trail to achieve.
- Controls inventory levels by conducting physical counts; reconciling with data storage system. Manage stock controls while optimizing warehouse operations
- Ensure compliance to stock management procedures and regulatory requirements.
- Manage the stock transfers between the warehouse and retail shop location, and from shop to shop to ensure availability of stocks for sale.
- Achieves financial objectives by preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Shelf life management of goods in the warehouse and in the retail shops.
- Maintains physical condition of warehouse by planning and implementing design layouts; inspecting stock and equipment; issuing work orders for repair and requisitions for replacement.
- Safeguards warehouse operations and contents by establishing and monitoring security procedures and protocols.
- Ensure compliance to OSHA/GMP contract requirements
- Manage the performance monitoring process for; Direct staff in span of control, warehouse cost center fixed cost development, direct cost of sales – related to delivery of goods and Reverse logistics development.
- Complies with shipping requirements by studying existing and new legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Developing and implementing stock distribution procedures and ensuring proper implementation.
- Planning routes and load scheduling for retail shops deliveries.
- Ensuring that all company vehicles are well maintained, regularly serviced and also making sure that they meet the required regulatory standards.
- Monitoring transportation costs and facilitating payment of transporters for outsourced vehicles.
- Negotiating on all logistics and distribution related contracts and acquiring the necessary documentation.
- Preparing and presenting periodic logistics reports to the management.
Qualifications and Skills
- Degree in Procurement / Supply Chain.
- Minimum 5 years experience within a warehouse and logistics role
- MUST have a strong supply chain background at a large FMCG
- Proficiency with the POS is a must.
- Reporting Skills
- Negotiation skills and ability to use networks to gain support for achieving business results.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Supervision skills
- Previous experience in Safety Management
- Reporting Skills
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Warehouse and Logistics Manager - Renewable energy) to email@example.com before Monday 18th July 2016.
Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV.
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing.
Only candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted.