Job Title: FMCG Supply Chain Manager
Salary: 180K – 250K
Our client is a grains and pulses processing and packaging company. They seek to recruit a seasoned and results driven individual to fill in the role of a supply chain manager.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborate with other departments, such as procurement and quality assurance, to identify or qualify new suppliers.
- Monitor supplier performance to assess ability to meet quality and delivery requirements.
- Select transportation routes to maximize economy by combining shipments or consolidating warehousing and distribution.
- Assess appropriate material handling equipment needs and staffing levels to load, unload, move, or store materials.
- Negotiate prices and terms with suppliers, vendors, or freight forwarders.
- Meet with suppliers to discuss performance metrics, to provide performance feedback, or to discuss production forecasts or changes.
- Implement new or improved supply chain processes.
- Design or implement plant warehousing strategies for production materials or finished products.
- Confer with supply chain planners to forecast demand or create supply plans that ensure availability of materials or products.
- Analyze inventories to determine how to increase inventory turns, reduce waste, or optimize customer service.
- Manage activities related to strategic or tactical purchasing, material requirements planning, inventory control, warehousing, or receiving.
- Develop procedures for coordination of supply chain management with other functional areas, such as sales, marketing, finance, production, or quality assurance.
- Design or implement supply chains that support business strategies adapted to changing market conditions, new business opportunities, or cost reduction strategies.
- Design, implement, or oversee product take back or reverse logistics programs to ensure products are recycled, reused, or responsibly disposed.
- Evaluate and select information or other technology solutions to improve tracking and reporting of materials or products distribution, storage, or inventory.
Qualification & Skills
- A Business Degree with at least 4-5 year’s relevant experience. An MBA will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge of every factor in the logistic chain (suppliers, transporters, logistic platforms, local authorities) and management of contractual relationships.
- Ability to analyze and follow purchase and logistic KPI’s (stock rotation, etc.) and its evolution in order to optimize overall costs,
- Decision-making, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
- Organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills.
- Experience working with an ERP system
- Excellent coordination skills
- Respect for deadlines and a sense of responsibility
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (FMCG Supply Chain Manager) to email@example.com before Friday 15th July 2016.
Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV.
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing.