The Unclaimed Financial Assets Authority (UFAA) is a State Corporation established under the National Treasury pursuant to the Unclaimed Financial Assets Act No. 40 of 2011.
The primary mandate of the Authority is to obtain unclaimed financial assets from the holders of such assets on behalf of the Government, safeguard and re-unite the assets with their rightful owners.
Senior Accountant / Finance Officer
Job Ref: UFAA/03/2016
Purpose of the Job: Reporting to Manager Finance and Accounting, the Senior Accountant / Finance Officer will be responsible for the efficient management of financial and accounting services in the Authority.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Executing financial and accounting management and control systems in line with the Public Finance Management Act, 2012
- Assist in monitoring and evaluating the Authority’s financial policies, systems and recommending necessary improvements;
- Coordinate budget formulation, preparation, execution, accounting and reporting
- Ensure that all laid down periodical financial reports/returns are prepared and disseminated as per laid down laws and regulations;
- Ensure accounts analysis and reconciliations (including vendor and bank reconciliations) are performed as per laid down policy;
- Coordinate management of the Authority’s cash and bank operations;
- Liaise with other Departments so as to ensure that financial regulations and procedures are complied with and where applicable give guidance including dealing with any staff enquiries on any payment related matters.
- Coordinate internal and external payments requests and ensure that they are in line with laid down policies and any related enquiries are addressed;
- Coordinate internal and external financial controls and audits
- Coordinate the handling and safe keeping of financial and accounting records
- Management of receivables (receipting, banking, invoicing and reconciliations) and reporting on the same as per laid down regulations;
- Coordinate tax management and adherence to laid down taxation laws and guidelines
- Any other duties that may be assigned by the Manager Finance and Accounting
- Bachelor’s degree in Commerce, Business (Finance/ Accounting) from a university recognized by the Commission of University Education.
- A Masters’ degree will be an added advantage
- CPA(K) or equivalent qualification
- At least seven (7) years relevant work experience, at least three (3) of which should be at supervisory level
- Decision making skills and strategic management skills;
- High integrity and effective analytical skills;
- Ability to interpret long term plans, programs and budgets
- Interpersonal and leadership skills;
- Ability to develop plans, programs, Standard Operating Procedures and coordination of workflows;
- Knowledge of Public Finance Management Act
Terms and Conditions
Successful candidates for the above positions will be offered a competitive remuneration package;
Appointments will be on permanent and pensionable terms subject to satisfactory performance
Applicants should attach the following documents with their applications: valid Tax Clearance Certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority, Higher Education Loans Board clearance, Credit Reference Bureau Report, Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission submission form, and a Certificate of Good Conduct from the Criminal Investigations Department.
If you possess the above qualifications, please write quoting the Job Reference and Title on both the application letter and envelope accompanied by an up-to-date curriculum vitae, indicating your current and expected remuneration and other benefits, academic and professional qualifications, work experience, your e-mail and telephone contacts.
Your curriculum vitae should indicate names, phone numbers, postal and email addresses of at least two (2) referees who are familiar with your previous academic/work experience.
Please attach copies of your educational, professional certificates, identity card or passport.
The applications should either be sent by post, e-mail, or hand delivered to the Authority’s offices located at 2nd Floor Pacis Centre, Westlands - off Waiyaki way, to be received on or before 22nd July 2016 at 5 P.M. addressed to:
Chief Executive Officer
Unclaimed Financial Assets Authority
P.O. Box 28235-00200
UFAA is “an Equal Opportunity Employer” Women and Persons with Disability are encouraged to apply.
Canvassing of any form will lead to automatic disqualification.