The Unclaimed Financial Assets Authority (UFAA) is a State Corporation established under the National Treasury pursuant to the Unclaimed Financial Assets Act No. 40 of 2011.
The primary mandate of the Authority is to obtain unclaimed financial assets from the holders of such assets on behalf of the Government, safeguard and re-unite the assets with their rightful owners.
Job Ref: UFAA/05/2016
Purpose of the Job: The Administration Officer will be responsible to the Manager HR and Administration for provision of efficient fleet and facility management services that contributes to the achievement of UFAA’s strategic objectives.
In addition, this position manages the administrative requirements of the Authority.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide effective and efficient of administrative requirements at UFAA’s offices including cleanliness, facilities management, stationery and other administration inventory management as well as provision of relevant staff welfare services ;
- Plan, organize, and direct the work of the section to meet objectives with the most efficient use of facilities and equipment including vehicles;
- In Liaison with all staff to enforce compliance with security and safety procedures and liaise with law enforcement agencies over criminal and other security concerns;
- Plan and organize for transport of UFAA staff, partners, visitors, and commodities from one point to another in line with Authority’s policies and procedures;
- Develop and implement vehicle policies and procedures that will ensure efficient utilization;
- Manage the Fleet Management systems;
- Monitor fleet operations to ensure compliance to UFAA’s Administrative policies and procedures, safety rules, and government regulations;
- Submit regular fleet reports to the Senior HR and Administration including break downs, accidents, fuel usage, vehicle running cost, vehicle usage and driver performance;
- Prepare periodic cost analysis, management and operational reports of fleet and facilities;
- Implement a preventive maintenance program to minimize cost and maximize use of Assets;
- Ensure all vehicles and other assets are kept well insured;
- Manage, develop, mentor and coach the team and raise their performance; and
- Coordinate the movement of all UFAA vehicles
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences or related field from a recognized University
- Master’s degree in Business Administration, Social Science or related field from a recognized University will be an added advantage.
- Post graduate Diploma fleet management or property management will be an added advantage
- 5 years’ experience in Administrative services.
Terms and Conditions
Successful candidates for the above positions will be offered a competitive remuneration package;
Appointments will be on permanent and pensionable terms subject to satisfactory performance
Applicants should attach the following documents with their applications: valid Tax Clearance Certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority, Higher Education Loans Board clearance, Credit Reference Bureau Report, Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission submission form, and a Certificate of Good Conduct from the Criminal Investigations Department.
If you possess the above qualifications, please write quoting the Job Reference and Title on both the application letter and envelope accompanied by an up-to-date curriculum vitae, indicating your current and expected remuneration and other benefits, academic and professional qualifications, work experience, your e-mail and telephone contacts.
Your curriculum vitae should indicate names, phone numbers, postal and email addresses of at least two (2) referees who are familiar with your previous academic/work experience.
Please attach copies of your educational, professional certificates, identity card or passport.
The applications should either be sent by post, e-mail, or hand delivered to the Authority’s offices located at 2nd Floor Pacis Centre, Westlands - off Waiyaki way, to be received on or before 22nd July 2016 at 5 P.M. addressed to:
Chief Executive Officer
Unclaimed Financial Assets Authority
P.O. Box 28235-00200
UFAA is “an Equal Opportunity Employer” Women and Persons with Disability are encouraged to apply.
Canvassing of any form will lead to automatic disqualification.