RTI is an independent organization dedicated to conducting innovative, multidisciplinary research that improves the human condition.
With a worldwide staff of more than 4,000 people, RTI offers innovative research and development and a full spectrum of multidisciplinary services. Universities in North Carolina founded RTI in 1958 as a centerpiece of the Research Triangle Park.
TUSOME Project is focused on curriculum support, teacher training and teaching material development to improve the quality of early grade instruction in formal and non-formal schools through a reading intervention.
Education Program Specialist (Training Specialist)
TUSOME Project – Isiolo
The Education Program Specialist will have key technical responsibilities for Tusome, under the guidance of the Regional Education Program Specialist.
S/he will have the responsibility of coordinating training of Curriculum Support Officers (CSOs), head-teachers and teachers in the implementation of early grade literacy approaches.
S/he will liaise with the government institutions and education officials and coordinate, supervise and support all aspects of training delivery and provide in-school support.
Required qualifications and experience:
- Master’s Degree in education with 6 years or relevant experience or Bachelor’s Degree in Education or relevant field and 10 years of experience in developing teacher training curriculum and coordinating teacher training activities and inputs.
- Working experience in literacy at early grade and established working relation with education government officials is necessary.
- Proven ability as a facilitator/trainer and willingness to travel to support training in field sites is required.
- Proficiency in Excel, Word, and Power Point Office software and strong presentation and skills are necessary.
- Candidates from the local county locations preferred.
To apply, please email cover letter and CV to email@example.com by 15th July, 2016 at 5.00 p.m.
Applicants must include the, POSITION & LOCATION in the subject line of the email.
Please do not attach copies of certificates.
We regret that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V