Vacancy: Research Manager
Our client is a health non-profit organization whose primary aim is to tackle most pressing health problems, so that people can lead healthier, happier, more productive lives, through private sector strategies.
The Research Manager, we seek will strengthen the capacity of the marketing and programme staff to interpret and utilize the results of quantitative and qualitative research for purposes of evidence-based decision making.
In particular you will:
- Design studies and develop research tools for research purposes;
- Support program and marketing staff to identify research needed to design, monitor and evaluate social marketing programs and supporting them to build their skills in interpreting research results and using a research-to-action approach to guide programmatic decisions and activities;
- Work with the programs to develop all study budgets, designs, sampling strategies, and questionnaires or discussion guides for quantitative and qualitative studies;
- Develop and manage a coordination mechanism with key partners (internal and external) which improves partnerships between organizations, improves coherency and consistency of program designs and interventions; and prevents duplication of activities among health partners;
- Work closely with the Research Coordinator and research agency staff/ consultants during data collection and implementation of research activities to ensure overall quality of the data and ensure adherence to study design;
- Analyze data and write reports appropriate for external dissemination and publication and ensure that all research is disseminated nationally and regionally;
- Establish and maintain files to ensure that all research processes, data and information is appropriately documented and secured.
- Ensure that the project deliverables are met on time, within budget and at the required level of quality.
- Manage, develop, mentor and coach the Research Coordinator.
We are looking for individuals who are passionate about research and truly appreciate its value –add to business operations.
You will have the ability to find solutions that support the firm’s marketing arm and overall operations through developing and carrying out viable research and providing information which supports decision making.
In addition you should have;
- Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Demography, Behavioral Science, Population Science or equivalent
- Diploma in Project Management and certification in SPSS, STATA and proven knowledge of SQL
- Computer literate - proficient in use of MS Access
- At least eight (8) years’ experience in research, three (3) of which must be at managerial level
- Proven experience in design, management, analysis, interpretation and dissemination of market research
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills; natural flair in leadership; strategic and analytical thinking prowess; and strong planning and organizational skills.
How to Apply
Your application should be sent to the address below by close of business Wednesday 13th July 2016.
It will include a cover letter demonstrating how you meet our requirements, a detailed and up to date CV with your contact details, details of current and expected remuneration and the names and contacts of three professional referees.
P O Box 6416, Nairobi, GPO 00100
Please note that we do not charge fees for receiving or processing job application.
Our client is an equal opportunity employer.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.