The Council of Legal Education is established under the Legal Education Act. No. 27 of 2012 of the Laws of Kenya The core functions of the Council of Legal Education are to regulate legal education and training, to license and supervise legal education providers; conduct Bar Examinations: and to advice the Government on matters relating to legal education and training.
In order to efficiently and effectively deliver its functions, the Council wishes to recruit full time high caliber staff in the following position:
Overall purpose of the job: Reports to Senior Human Resource Officer, the driver ensures that staff are driven safely to meetings, workshops, and other work-related destinations; and that the vehicle allocated is maintained in an optimal working condition.
The key responsibilities include:
- Drive staff and officials as authorized;
- Ensures that the assigned vehicle is compliant with the minimum operating standards and CLE transport requirements
- Ensures safety and custody of the vehicle including tools
- Ensures availability of all the required documents/supplies including work tickets, vehicle insurance, registration, first aid kit, and necessary spare parts are in the assigned vehicle
- Arranges for regular maintenance and ensures that the vehicle is kept clean and in good running condition at all times
- Ensures that, in the event of an accident involving the office vehicle, the necessary steps required by rules and regulations are followed.
- Maintains records for vehicles, logs, official trips, records daily mileage, records the use of fuel vouchers, and keeps records on consumption
- Ensuring security and safety of the vehicle and passengers and/or goods therein.
- Carry out any other duties that may be assigned from time to time
Qualifications and Skills
- Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education or its equivalent from a recognized institution;
- A valid driving license BCE;
- Attended a First-Aid Certificate course lasting not less than one (1) in a recognized institution;
- A current certificate of good conduct from the Kenya Police;
- At least five (5) years previous satisfactory (and accident free) driving experience after obtaining the driving license; and
- Basic mechanical knowledge about vehicles.
The Applicant MUST be of the highest ethical standards, integrity and professionalism and comply with the requirements of Chapter six (6) of the Constitution of Kenya.
The candidate will be required to produce evidence of clearance by the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission, Kenya Revenue Authority, Credit Reference Bureau and provide a Certificate of Good Conduct.
All applications should include the job reference number, a reliable email address, day-time telephone contact and must be accompanied with a detailed curriculum vitae and copies of relevant certificates.
How to Apply
CLICK HERE to apply online
Application Deadline 15th July, 2016
Please note that:- Due to the high number of applications anticipated, it will not be possible for us to respond to each application and only shortlisted candidates will therefore, be contacted.
CLE is an equal opportunity employer.