Duma Works is recruiting a Cost Accountant for one of our clients. The company provides after sales services to clients in the fields of process, filling and packaging technology.
Job Purpose: The Accountant contributes to the organisational goals by assisting with all the financial aspects of Cost Accounting and Controlling.
They will also assist in the preparation of Financial and Cost Center Reports, Month-End Closure on SAP.
The Accountant reports to the Finance Manager.
Task and Responsibilities
Cost Accounting and Management of Fixed Assets
- Administration of all Job/Service related costs including verification of invoices and correct allocation of costs
- Accurate and timely posting of all service engineers costs into SAP
- Weekly Cost Center reports and forecasts of Project Related costs and budgets
- Work in Progress – Liaise with LCS Coordinators to ensure all costs have been recognised in the correct month and transferred to Cost of Sales upon invoicing
- Time management – assist the LCS Coordinators with the monitoring of the job time info, weekly reviews and corrections of miscoded costs
- Control of the procurement, maintenance and disposal of company assets including stock; maintenance of the Fixed Asset Register and tagging of fixed assets
- Periodic checking of all accounts within the given parameters of SAP. Periodic financial reporting for internal and external purposes
- Stock Control and Valuation
- Execute Forecast and Planning Processes for all Business Units
- Scrutinise and test all accounting procedures where LCS Spares and/or Service is concerned
- Devise procedural improvements or implement new procedures and controls to ensure correct treatment of company data
- Assist FM in preparing the BPC and PCA Financial Reports; Other Financial Analysis Reports; Month end closing on SAP
- Control the fulfilment of cost reduction targets, profitability targets and cost centre results
- Monthly input of all accounting transactions into SAP including administration and maintenance of all accounts
- Reconciliation of cash book and preparation of bank reconciliation
- Liaise with other departments to ensure the smooth and timely flow of processes and documents and the proper application of IAS and IFRS’s
- Identify loopholes, errors and lapses and implement accurate processes and procedures
- Liaise with tax advisor to ensure accurate handling of VAT, WHT, WVat, Corporation Tax, training levies, etc. and timely payment of the same
- Assist in other areas within the department as and when required, such as Accounts Receivables and Accounts Payables
Knowledge and experience
- 3 years’ experience in Accounts Department; preferably cost accounting
- Knowledge of and working on SAP – minimum 2 years SAP experience
- Knowledge of daily accounting/bookkeeping and strong Internal controls
- Knowledge of Debtors & Creditors, reconciliations and a good understanding of Credit Control
- Knowledge of Financial & Management Accounting Reports and Budgeting
- Knowledge of General Ledger Accounts & Reconciliations
- Strong understanding of the various taxes applicable in Kenya
Qualifications and education required
- Holding a degree in Accounting and Finance or the equivalent (ACCA, CPA)
- Preferable with audit background
- Possess strong determination in following through on queries and work well under pressure
- Positive attitude, good interactive and communication skills
- Team player, deadline driven, dedicated and passionate
- Assertive and confident in dealings with both internal staff and customers/suppliers
- Well developed sense of responsibility and accountability
Specific job skills
- Strong Computing skills (SAP, MS Office – Excel, Word, Power point, etc.)
- Strong understanding of financial and management accounts
- Communication and organisational skills
- Strong technical accounting/bookkeeping and administrative skills; exposure to internationally recognised accounting standards
- Monthly workflow planning
- Attention to detail and accurate
- MS Office – Word, Excel, PowerPoint,
Cover Letter and detailed CV are to be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org marking the subject as “2300”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 2300 Barack Obama, 07xxxxxxxxx.
If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Deadline for receiving applications: 30th July 2016
N.B.* When applying to any job through Duma Works, you can expect that after you apply, you will receive a confirmation email, and then an SMS alert asking you to take a basic screening test over email or SMS. The test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test, and if you ever have any issues with the process, please reach out to 0702093793.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we won’t be able to forward your application to the employer. This is to save both you and the employer time and make sure you both find the best match.