Job Title: Internal Auditor
Job Code: IA/DL/160617
Number of Positions Open: 1
Reports To: General Manager & Indirectly to Directors
Location: Eldoret, Kenya
Closing Date: Open Until FilledSummary: Our client is a current dairy processor based in Rift Valley and is looking to fill the role of Internal Auditor.
Job Purpose: This position is responsible for overseeing audits and controls, it entails evaluation of operating practices.
The person will monitor and evaluate company risks and their management.
The Internal Auditor will be specifically responsible for:
- Analyzing the procedures, processes, and activities related to the efficient use of resources (human resource, raw material, financing, revenues and finished products).
- Ensuring the reliability and credibility of financial management through.
1. Analysis and testing of the accounting system;
2. Ensuring an effective payments system;
3. Reviewing budget performance.
- Preparing an annual audit report for consideration by the management and directors.
- Strategic risk management initiatives.
- Timely and accurate reports.
- Confidentiality of information.
- Formulation and implementation of Internal Audit strategy and policies and ensure interpretation and clarity.
- Develop and implement audit strategies and work plans.
- Ensures timely preparation of reports, and communicates findings and recommendations to line and senior management.
- Reviewing of audit reports.
- Ensures that reviews are completed in compliance with the law.
- Conducting financial and operational audits.
- Advise the board and management on audit observations.
- Responsible for defining internal audit scope and approval timeframe.
- Responsible for counter reviewing performance.
- Preparing annual work plans and budgets for the department.
- Reviewing the systems established to ensure compliance with the policies, plans, procedures, statutory requirements and regulations.
- Reviewing operations or programs to ascertain whether results are consistent with established objectives and goals and whether the operations are being carried out as planned.
- Liaising with other departments in implementation of strategic plans.
- Advising on effective cost control measures, revenue collection systems and fraud prevention measures.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Hold a University Degree in Auditing/Accounting/Financial Management or Equivalent
- Be in possession of CPA K / ACCA.
- Member of the Institute of Internal Auditors or other equivalent professional bodies
- Work Experience a minimum of 3yrs in auditing departments.
- Have excellent report writing skills.
- Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Have a practical knowledge of computer systems, including internet navigation and various Accounting applications.
- Be a team player.
- Be a strategic thinker.
- Have sound leadership and management skills.
- Be self-driven and able to work within tight deadlines.
Interested candidates holding the necessary requirements, good performance and / or references are encouraged to apply with detailed CV’s, inclusive of names and contacts of 3 referees, current telephone number and email address by clicking on: Internal Auditor
Kindly include your current and expected remuneration in your resume.
Be advised, this job is open to Kenyan nationals only