Pwani Feeds Limited
This position will be responsible for all Inventory Accounting functions. The Inventory Accountant, also will handle accounting functions relating to the cost of inventory for the organization.
HE/She is responsible for identifying perpetual inventory issues and correcting them through the use of Access queries, and preparing monthly and quarterly variance summary reports that show variances between physical and perpetual inventory in order to support the audit function.
- Developing inventory analysis reports and analysing variances
- Assisting in the improvement in internal controls related to inventory
- Verifying accurate standard costs
- Monitoring inventory transactions
- Reconciling inventory accounts in the account-age system
- Preparing monthly journal entries as needed
The successful candidate must possess:
- A minimum of four years’ experience as an Inventory or Cost Accountant.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting required.
- An understanding of GAAP in relation to inventory.
- Is flexible and able to work as part of a team.
- Proficient in MS Excel.
- Experienced in accounting system
- Assist in establishing and implementing inventory policies and procedures.
- Perform weekly and monthly physical stock checks and highlight variances to the management.
- Perform weekly and monthly physical assets and tools counts and highlight variances to the management.
- Prepare and distribute daily, weekly, monthly and ad-hoc inventory levels and consumption reports to all the relevant departments.
- Maintaining acceptable and accurate inventory levels at the Stores/inventory
- Report shortfalls and surplus inventory weekly and monthly for replenishment.
- Coordinate with the production and supply chain teams to ensure that records relating to inventory in the inventory system are properly maintained.
- Coordinate with accounting to ensure that all product costs are properly taken in the cost of sales and inventory costs.
- Responsible for communicating with all department managers and purchasing on inventory levels and locations.
- Ensuring that goods received in the stores are matched with the actual invoices from the suppliers in the system.
- Ensuring that finished goods delivered to the customers are matched with the actual invoices issued to the customers in the inventory system.
- Coordinate with production to ensure that work orders are closed the moment goods are delivered.
- Coordinate with stores team to implement and ensure control system to reduce damage, breakage and inventory obsolescence.
- Reviewing obsolete/redundant inventory to facilitate their removal from the stores.
- Assist other functional units within the Finance team in carrying out jobs as and when required by the management.
- Preferably possessing a Bachelor’s Degree in Finance/Accounting and/or suitable background experience in inventory management in manufacturing.
- Operationally oriented and comfortable working in a production/manufacturing environment and experience with multi-company branches operations would be ideal.
- Have a detailed understanding of inventory control systems with a working knowledge of manufacturing processes.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Fluent in English
- Mature, self-motivated, proactive, willing to learn and able to work under pressure.
- A member of ICPAK
Gross Salary: KShs. 30,000
Starting date 1st July 2016.
Qualified candidates should forward their applications to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 28th June 2016