Vacancy: Senior Accountant
Job Ref: R/SA/2
Our client is looking for a Senior Accountant to be responsible for preparation of financial statements for management.
The incumbent will be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee accurate, complete and timely processing and posting of information into the financial system.
- Review and ensure accurate maintenance of all sub ledgers
- Perform and ensure journal entries and account reconciliations are completed accurately and timely. This includes but not limited to accounting for accruals, provisions
- Maintain the fixed asset register and lead the department’s efforts to integrate fixed asset register to general ledger
- Lead the integration of Payroll system to General Ledger
- Manage inter-company transactions and balances agreement.
- Prepare Trial Balance and financial reporting pack for upload into system and head office consolidation
- Review of job costing, work in progress analysis and closed job report.
- Compile quarterly capex returns.
- Management reports for review of financial and production KPI’s
Tax and Treasury
- Manage daily site treasury requirements and ensuring that the company's cash flow is adequate to allow it to operate effectively. Forecasting cash payments and anticipating challenges arising from limited cash flow;
- Manage EPZ operator and enterprise legal requirements including but not limited to EPZ quarterly and annual returns, renewal licences and transaction implications
- Manage KRA Tax requirements for EPZ operators and enterprise, commercial & logistics tax implications for shipments into and out of an EPZ zone
- Ensure compliance to Income tax provisions - statutory payroll returns and remittances including provident fund returns.
- Compute, complete and submit Import Declaration Forms (IDFs) for monthly local duties payment and returns.
- Compute and prepare monthly standard levy payment and returns.
- Review and endorse reconciliation of withholding tax for payment.
- Liaise and follow up with tax consultant on instalment and final taxes and also discussions on tax computations.
Budgeting and Budget Controls
- Analysing of historical data for forecasting.
- Filling in data into budget forms and upload.
- Analysing and explaining monthly variances to budget.
- Assisting in monitoring monthly expenditure vs. budget
- Preparing monthly operating statements for local management.
Significant External Relations
- Provide the lead role during audits.
- Assist auditors with year-end financial audit and preparation of company’s annual report.
- Provide required financial information as necessary
- Maintain an active communication with Clearing agents on commercial and logistics matters, bonds; Tax consultants for updates on tax changes; KRA and EPZ on statutory and operational matters; and the Bank contacts for forex deals, guarantees
- Liaise and consult with the financial system support and local team for required support, upgrades, new releases and training needs as necessary
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Strong knowledge of EPZ operations, Tax requirements for EPZ operators and enterprise, commercial, corporate treasury functions and financial reporting
- Robust analytical and interpersonal skills projecting a positive attitude and be a team leader and player.
- Strong organisation and time management skills with a proven ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Undergraduate Degree in finance/accounting or Bsc Accounting.
- CPA or ACCA
- Mean Grade KCSE B+.
- Minimum of 3 years of corporate treasury and financial accounting experience in a manufacturing multinational.
- Conversant with standard costing system.
- Proficiency in use of SAP ERP.
Remuneration: An attractive salary is on offer dependent on skills, qualifications and experience.
How to Apply
To apply, send your CV in word format with a recent photograph of yourself embedded in the top right hand corner.
Attach an application letter demonstrating how your skills, experience and qualifications are transferrable to the role.
All documentation is to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting the Job Reference in the subject header of your mail.
ONLY short listed candidates will be contacted