An Exciting Opportunity
Zetech University is the premier university for the education of Technology, Science and Business programmes, offering an exceptional learning experience to thousands of youth from Kenya and beyond.
Our Mission is to provide holistic education and foster a culture of integrity, hard work, research innovation and creativity towards problem solving and lifelong skills.
We are seeking to recruit a suitably qualified candidate to fill the position of a Procurement Assistant.
Reporting to the Procurement Officer, the position holder will, among other duties, be responsible for:
· Preparation of Request for Quotation, Initiations to Bid, Requests for Proposal and co-ordination of their timely dispatch.
· Collecting, analyzing and circulation of quotes, bids and proposal for evaluation
· Assisting with the coordination with the selected bidder to ensure completion of administrative processes including Bid Security, contract award notices and that contract documents are distributed accordingly
· Receiving the approved requisitions and processing the appropriate documents procedures for local or oversea purchases/services/contracts
· Checking and classifying the precedence of the requisition and process based on priority.
· Coordinating with requestors and make sure the right specifications for materials/items needed are given.
· Providing purchased materials to the responsible receiving office and do all actions for completing the process
· Coordinating with suppliers to ensure correct and timely delivery of goods and services as ordered
· Proper documentation and maintenance of all supply documents including Requisitions, Quotations, LPOs, Invoices and Delivery note awaiting payment.
· Maintaining appropriated records to ensure that procurement process, decision, and contractual agreement are accurately documented for accountability and audit purpose
· Maintaining complete updated purchasing/supplier records/data and pricing in the system.
· Monitoring and analyze supplier performance and present detailed reports on recommendations
· Preparation of various information and statistical reports
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
· A minimum of a Bachelors degree in Purchasing and Supplies or a related area
· CIPS qualified or in pursuit of the same will be an added advantage;
· Professional membership will be an added advantage;
· Minimum 1 year previous experience in a similar role;
· Working knowledge of the Internet and MS Office Suite;
· High levels of integrity;
· Commercial and financial acumen
· Excellent negotiation and communication skills;
· Hands on approach to all tasks;
· Ability to take a proactive approach to overcome challenges and achieve results;
· Can work long and odd hours.
Interested applicants to send their application letters and updated CVs via the email address – email@example.com quoting Job Ref. ZU/10/25/19 indicating the current and expected salary not later than 27th January 2016.
Zetech University is an equal opportunity employer