· Control routine accounting which includes maintenance of proper books of accounts.
· Ensure supplier payments are made accurately and in a timely manner, whilst maintaining statutory and internal control requirements.
· Preparation and maintenance of financial statements.
· Managing overheads within the agreed budgets and also working out savings plan where possible.
· Implementing accounting policies and reporting in line with the company’s accounting standards and reporting requirements.
· Ensuring accurate and timely reporting of financial activities and maintaining validity and completeness of records in line with IFRS rules, policies and procedures.
· Broad business partnering with management to support decision making and effective financial planning, target setting and delivery, internal reporting and analysis and early warning to management.
· Enforcement of the integrity of reporting through the audit process.
· Ensuring treasury is set up and functions in accordance with the company’s policies, while minimizing interest, costs and optimizing foreign exchange exposure.
· Implementing procedures and recommending system changes that facilitate accurate and timely completion of treasury transactions.
· Ensuring accurate and timely tax compliance and tax planning.
· Ensuring statutory compliance and timely filing of all company returns.
· Implementing and maintaining appropriate internal controls in the business to ensure safe-guarding of assets and company investments in line with company policies and procedures.
· Demonstrating leadership in the implementation of financial processes and controls so as to maximize quality, efficiency and effectiveness of financial information.
· Periodically reviewing the systems and implementing improvement programmes.
· Bachelor’s degree in Commerce, Finance, Business Administration or other related field.
· Regional Experience Desired
· Must be a CPA (K), Chartered Accountant or related qualification in Kenya.
· Over 10 years’ experience in reputed organizations in the field of Finance and Accounts.
· Practical, hands on results oriented manager with the ability to achieve high quality results.
· Strong interpersonal and influencing skills; ability to engage decision makers at different levels as well as develop effective working relationships with external partners
· Strong leadership, people management, planning and organizing skills.
· Excellent interpersonal, verbal, presentation and written communication skills.
· Highly developed analytical & strategic thinking skills.Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org before 6th February, 2017.