Position: Financial Accountant
Nature of Job: Full time
Duties and Responsibilities
· Formulating sound financial policies, procedures and systems that ensure effective control and accountability
· Preparation and implementation of budget and forecasts
· Expenditure control
· Coordination of Audit and implementation of relevant Auditors recommendations
· Working Capital management which includes control of debt levels, stock holding levels and cash management as well as short term liability management
· Preparation and submission of financial and management accounts as per set policy, timelines and procedures
· Planning, coordinating, implementing and controlling of financial resources and accounting systems in the Company
· Ensuring achievement of set goals and objectives in the department
· Ensuring compliance with finance and accounting standards and regulations as per the country regulatory system
· Supervising, appraising finance staff and identifying their development and training needs
· Keep records of company assets
· Timely filing and payments all statutory returns
· Advising the Management on financial issues as and when required
· Performing any other duty as may be assigned from time to time
Key Requirements and Skills
· Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Certified Public Accountant (C.P.A-K). A diploma in IT added advantage.
· Computer literate in MS Office packages & Pastel System
· 5+ years’ experience in a financial management position
· Thorough knowledge of product costing system.
· Must be innovative, self-driven and have the ability to work independently.
· Good analytical skills and ability to interpret and investigate financial data.
· Strong communication and presentation skills
· Must be able to work accurately and under pressure.
If qualified send CV stating your experience, skills and qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted