Exciting Career Opportunity
Our client is a not-for-profit organisation with the vision to create thriving African economies.
The organization works with Corporates and SMES to create linkages and business opportunities for growth and entrepreneurship.
They do this by creating sustainable cross-sector partnerships, empowering local enterprise, championing private sector-led growth and simplifying doing business in Africa.
The organisation is seeking for a qualified, self-driven, innovative and energetic professional to be part of its great team in the following position:
Job Title: Business Development Officer
Reports to: Chief Operating Officer, Kenya
Position Overview: The successful candidate will get private sector organizations to use the online portal for procurement by liaising with procurement departments/people in Corporates or government agencies, rallying business associations to bring their members on board, recruit SMEs, conduct events and manage the online portal to attain financial sustainability.
The partner pool involves numerous stakeholders, namely Buyers, Suppliers, the organization’s Partners, Government bodies and ministries among others.
This position requires individuals with competent skills in project management, online service management, business development and customer acquisition.
· To manage the day to day operations involved in running of the partner pool;
· To hire, train, manage and motivate a professional team on the essentials of using the partner pool;
· To bring on board the organization’s Partners, Buyers & Suppliers in sufficient numbers to make to portal sustainable;
· To ensure the partner pool operates within its financial budgets by running forecasts and manage cash flows;
· To ensure that the service is constantly maintained and remains relevant;
· To provide regular management reports to the organization on the partner pool commercial and operational effectiveness;
· To ensure close co-operation with other key stakeholders in the business sector.
Qualifications and Requirements
· A masters degree in business management, entrepreneurship or related field;
· A bachelors degree in a relevant field with very strong technology driven business acumen;
· Have an entrepreneurial and results oriented mindset combined with strong relationship management and organizational skills;
· He or she should be able to engage with a variety of stakeholders from different backgrounds, cultures and be creative and resourceful in finding solutions.
· Personal drive, results orientation and track record for getting results and meeting targets;
· Entrepreneurial, proactive and hands-on mentality, with an enthusiasm for working in a dynamic, fast paced environment
· Personable relationship builder, persuasive, engaging presence, with diplomacy, tact, and good sense of humor;
· Team orientation, with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work both collaboratively and independently;
· Systematic approach to seeking opportunities, managing due diligence and closing transactions;
· Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize and work on multiple tasks simultaneously, and see ideas through to action;
· Strong business writing and communications skills;
· A background or interest in ICT or online interactive portal management;
· Comprehensive knowledge of computer software applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
If you meet the said requirements and are passionate enough to be part of a great team, send your application in confidence by email attaching your latest CV to:
NB: Clearly state the title of the position you are applying for in the subject line of the email and indicate your current and expected salary.
Closing date for applications is Friday 20th January 2017.Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.