Secours Islamique France (SIF)
Position Title: Social Worker
Location: Nairobi Kenya
Duration of contract: 6 Months with strong possibility of extension
Anticipated start date: January, 2017Organization Profile: Secours Islamique France (SIF) is an International Non-Governmental Organization that is based in France.
Founded in 1991, SIF is a non-profit and non-political organization dedicated to alleviate the suffering of the poorest population around the world.
SIF intervenes wherever humanitarian and social needs require mobilization of emergency relief and/or implementation of development programs.
Today, SIF operates in around 20 countries and has been providing assistance to the most vulnerable for 20 years without discrimination as to culture, ethnicity, religion or sex.
Job Description: SIF will be implementing a multi-faceted project in the slums of Nairobi through its local implementing partner, Inter Faith Council, that will involve youth/community empowerment related to activities associated with the education/prevention of: Gender based Violence, HIV/AIDS, Drug/Alcohol abuse, Crime/Violence, Radicalisation and Peace/Reconciliation (thematic areas of intervention).
Under the supervision of the Technical Project Manager, the SIF Social Worker will be in charge of all the social components of this important project by providing social guidance and support to the implementing partner and their Youth Advocacy Officers working in the slums while maintaining full compliance with SIF established policies and procedures.
Duties will include:
- Taking the lead in the guidance/mentorship of Youth Advocacy Officers in delivering their mandates that includes, but is not limited to, mobilizing local CBOs, conducting a professional outreach/referral service to the youth working for the program and/or affected by any of the thematic areas of intervention.
- Mapping of institutions that provide guidance/counselling support to those affected by any of the thematic areas of intervention and ensuring individual cases identified by the Youth Advocacy Officers are linked to the support institutions.
- Creates a data base and monitors and reports on those served by the project.
- Visits the sub county and county social departments and all relevant government departments to inform them on the project and potential for referrals in consultation with our implementing partner.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Technical Project Manager and/or Head of Mission.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences and/or Community Development
Professional Attributes / Qualifications
- At least 2 years of relevant experience as a Social Worker with an INGO/NGO/CBO in at least two of the thematic areas of intervention that are covered by this project.
- Certified courses and/or other specialized training such as the Project Planning Cycle, the Principles of Management, and Monitoring/Evaluation Techniques would be considered a definite asset.
- Demonstrated experience in working successfully in the slums of Nairobi.
- Self-driven, motivated and results oriented with proven leadership skills.
- Analytical, accurate and ability to multi-task.
- Passionate about humanitarian work and serving the poorest of the poor.
- Ability to produce quality work and decisions under pressure and adhere to deadlines.
- Strong computer skills including MS Word, Excel, Power point, spread sheets etc.
- Demonstrated competence in clear written and spoken English.
- Acceptance of diverse cultures and religions
How to Apply
Please submit your application (cover letter, CV and 3 references) to the attention of: firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 22 December, 2016
SIF is an equal opportunity employer.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.