Company / Department: LOOMAS Food
Employment Type: Full Time
Position: Sales and Marketing Manager
Company: Manufacturing, snacks industry.
Location: Hargeisa, Somaliland
Reports to: General Manager
Probation Period: Three months
Notice Period: One month
Salary Range: $1000 - $2000 (Based on Experience)
- Under limited supervision, manages all Marketing and sales functions in LOOMAS.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Essential Functions: Duties listed below are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or of a logical assignment.
Key responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to:
- Establishes, develops and maintains business relationships with current customers and prospective customers in the assigned territory/market segment to generate new business for the organization’s products/services.
- Makes telephone calls and in-person visits and presentations to existing and prospective customers.
- Researches sources for developing prospective customers and for information to determine their potential.
- Develops clear and effective written proposals/quotations for current and prospective customers.
- Expedites the resolution of customer problems and complaints.
- Coordinates sales effort, sales management, accounting, logistics and technical service groups.
- Analyzes the territory/market’s potential and determines the value of existing and prospective customer’s value to the organization.
- Creates and manages a customer value plan for existing customers highlighting profile, share and value opportunities.
- Identifies advantages and compares organization’s products.
- Plans and organizes personal sales strategy by maximizing the Return on Time Investment for the territory/segment.
- Oversee the creative process for a brand’s marketing strategy
- Researches the brand’s target market and how they can be reached
- Analyzes the pricing, placement, and promotion of the brand and how it could be improved
- Generates new ideas for brands in terms of naming, product features, packaging, and more
- Has ideas of how the brand will develop in the future
- Supplies management with oral and written reports on customer needs, problems, interests, competitive activities, and potential for new products and services.
- Keeps up-to-date of product applications, technical services, market conditions, competitive activities, advertising and promotional trends through the reading of pertinent literature and consulting with marketing and technical service areas.
- Performs other duties are required.
- A college degree AND minimum five (5) years of experience within sales and tactical marketing in food industry OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Skills & Knowledge for this Role:
- Good interpersonal skills and self-motivated with a demonstration of initiative.
- Excellent analytical, decisive, planning and organizational skills.
- Ability to exercise initiative, resourcefulness and judgment.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team within and beyond the team when needed.
- Computer literacy and ability to use computers is necessary.
- Skill in effectively selling concepts, products and services.
- Skill in oral and written communication.
- Skill in operating office equipment such as copier machines.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining cooperative working relationships with other employees.
Licenses / Certificates / Special Requirements:
- Driving licenses.
How to Apply:
Please submit your and up- to -date CV firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 15th Jan 2017