Resolution Insurance Company Ltd is a general insurer offering innovative and responsive insurance solutions.
We have learned to adapt in this constantly changing society, and develop comprehensive products that are relevant to our clients.
We currently have over 60,000 members in our fold and have partnered with over 500 medical service providers across East Africa; a strong network of hospitals, clinics and doctors.
Reporting to the Business Applications Manager, the Database Administrator’s overall purpose will be to to ensure optimal availability, performance, configuration and utilization of Resolution Insurance’s databases and applications in a manner that minimizes waste, is profitable and creates timely solutions, while improving efficiency, and applying best practice in the management of databases.
Key Responsibility Areas:
- Capacity planning for creation, maintenance, backup and recovery of databases etc.
- Control migrations of programs, database changes and reference data through the development life cycle.
- Implement and enforce security for all of the databases.
- Undertake database maintenance plans to ensure maximum uptime.
- Develop standards to ensure that all application designs and code are produced with proper integrity, security and performance.
- Evaluate releases of SQL server and Oracle and its tools, and third party products to ensure that the site is running the products that are most appropriate.
- Provide technical support to application development teams.
- Enforce and maintain database constraints to ensure integrity of the database.
- Administer all database objects and assist with impact analysis of any changes made to the database objects.
- Troubleshoot with problems regarding databases, applications and development tools.
- Monitoring and testing disaster recovery database and backups.
- Implement DBA best practices and incorporate them in DBA procedures.
- Monitoring database efficiency
- Creating complex query definitions that allow data to be extracted
- Create and maintain database dictionaries and related database documentation
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in IT/Computer Science
- At least 3 years working experience
- MS SQL DBA Certification and Experience in MySQL
- Proficiency in windows server (preferably 2008/2012)
- Certification in MySql and Oracle
- Knowledge in Microsoft and SAP business intelligence
- Experience in Data warehousing
- Project management Skills
If you believe you are a team player and would be a valuable resource to this ever growing brand, kindly visit our careers page onwww.resolution.co.ke by Close of Business on Friday 6th January 2017.Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted