Job Title: Supply Chain & Operations Manager
Job Summary: A Supply Chain Manager must have comprehensive understanding of Logistics, Procurement and Supply Chain.
One must be in a position to employ best business practices that improve efficiency, reduce operating costs whilst increasing performance, and should also be committed to identify and implement continuous improvement in the Supply Chain.
· Directs the efficient and cost effective operation of commercial or industrial distribution center(s) or warehousing facilities.
· Manages inbound activities relates to the receipt and storage of goods and inventory management.
· Oversee outbound activities related to order-filing, stock replenishment, shipping etc.
· Responsible for making budgets that affect the entire Operations Department.
· Administers overall inventory management, productivity, and accuracy and loss prevention programs to ensure that customer requirements are met.
· Coordinates inbound and or outbound activities.
· Do an operational audit and come up with recommendations and implementation plan.
· Develop a Procurement strategy, Policy and an implementation plan covering importation and local procurement.
· Develop a warehousing and distribution strategy, policy and implementation plan.
· In-charge of day to day management and reporting of all supply chain operations namely Procurement, Warehousing and Distribution.
· Audit all existing process documentation and upgrade all the working documents of supply chain function.
· Develop BEST standard operating procedures and processes for the supply chain function.
· Develop an organization structure of the supply chain department and support the sourcing, selection, induction of staff to address gaps.
· Develop Job Descriptions and KPIs for all positions in the supply chain department.
· Leadership, coaching, development and managing the performance of all supply chain employees through a structured process.
· Source, recommend and implement software that can be used to increase efficiency of all supply chain operations.
· In liaison with the business development team, take charge of forecasting demand, analyzing inventory, streamlining the order process and developing a system that will ensure that there is stock optimization.
· In liaison with the Finance department ensure proper cost controls and inventory cost analysis.
· Develop a comprehensive Health and Safety Policy for the supply chain operations.
· Develop, document and implement stock control measures.
· Develop, document and implement material handling processes
· Develop a waste management strategy, policy and implementation plan.
· Improve customer experience and handle all customer complaints arising from this department.
· Implements security, housekeeping and sanitation programs.
· Responsible for accurate inventory and data management.
· Hire, supervise, schedule and train personnel.
· Manages documentation and flow of imported goods from point of origin to warehouse.
· Monitor data management to keep accurate product, contracts, prizing and invoicing information.
· Work closely with suppliers and customers to improve operations and reduce costs.
· Ensure personnel safety and safe working environment of staff.
· Communicate needs and objectives to Managers and key personnel in procurement, logistics and distribution.
· Negotiate contracts to reduce costs and achieve maximum efficiency.
· Provide accurate routing information to ensure that delivering times and locations are coordinated.
· Accurately calculate total supply chain costs in relation to proposed new projects.
· To obtain quotes for transportation and also make cost comparisons.
· Warehouse distribution
· Vehicle Maintenance
· Identify and implement initiatives to reduce the overall supply chain cost base.
· One must have good analytical and planning skills to establish supply requirements.
· Review of demand forecasts with the marketing and production teams.
· Establish supply schedules and communicate requirements to members in the Supply Chain.
· Aim to ensure that all essential supplies are available when needed so that the company can meet market requirements.
· To control costs and minimize unnecessary stock.
· Maintain the Buffer stocks to ensure allowance for the extended Lead & Lag time.
· Monitor supply chain and employee performance in the Operations department.
· Establish metrics to assess factors such as quality, cost and delivery performance.
· Enforce standards of performance.
· Collaborate with the operations team to find ways of improving efficiency or reducing costs.
· Ensure that the Supply Chain team (Operations) can respond quickly to issues that could affect distribution of goods from the warehouse.
· Aim to build mutually beneficial relationships with suppliers so that the entire supply chain works in a well coordinated way.
· Instead of constantly changing suppliers to find the lowest prices, Supply Chain Managers should aim to build long-term relationships that offer quality, value and flexibility to meet changing supply requirements.
· BSc. Degree with Masters or MBA preferred. Advance certifications are a plus
· 4-6 years’ progressive experience Supply Chain Management (Management role)
Applicants who meet the requirements stated above should send their applications and detailed CVs with a day – time telephone number to the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org with Supply Chain Manager on the Subject line.