Concern Worldwide is an international non-governmental humanitarian organization dedicated to the reduction of suffering and working towards the ultimate elimination of extreme poverty in the world’s poorest countries.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified Kenyan nationals for the following position:
Job Title: Senior Manager – Logistics & Transport
Direct Reports: Senior Logistics Officers
Job Location: Nairobi with frequent travel to the field
Contract Details: Open Ended Contract
Three Months’ Probation
Monthly Starting Salary: Kes 283,143
· Group Medical Cover (1 Principal and 2 Dependants)
· Group Life Insurance Cover
· WIBA Plus Insurance Cover
· Paid Annual Leave
Job Summary: Provide strategic and technical leadership in the management of the logistics function in the areas of Procurement and Transport.
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Lead in building the technical and organizational capacity of Concern and partners in developing and implementing logistics, procurement and transport policies, procedures and systems.
· Lead Concern’s procurement, transport and stores functions to ensure that they effectively and efficiently support Concern’s operations
· Develop new and review existing policies and procedures that are in place to ensure that they meet the needs of the programmes and dissemination to all staff
· Logistics budget preparation, analysis and administration and monitoring of expenditures
· Ensure proper management of all Concern’s assets through an efficient and effective inventory, storage and disposal system.
· Oversee customs clearance of goods
· Preparing of official correspondence and reports
· Oversee the documentation of the entire logistics function
· Monitoring for compliance with Concern’s policies, guidelines and procedures
Support to Field Offices and Senior Management
· Disseminate relevant information to field offices and management
· Monitor policy implementation and compliance to legislation
· Advise/mentor line managers on best practices
· Advise senior management and line managers on change management practices that impact on the logistics function
Representation and Compliance
· Represent Concern in meetings, serve on committees and tasks forces that are logistics related
· Monitor and report on any changes to government legislation affecting Concern
· Research on logistics issues, evaluate alternatives and make recommendations for action
Responding to Emergencies
· Participate and contribute as necessary towards Concern’s Emergency response as and when necessary
· Comply with Concern’s health, safety and security guidelines during emergencies
Programme Participant Protection Policy
· To adhere to the standards of conduct outlined in the Programme Participant Protection Policy and Concern Code of Conduct.
· To support and promote the standards outlined in the Programme Participant Protection Policy and Concern Code of Conduct to their team, partner organisations and beneficiaries, and be committed to providing a safe working environment.
· To contribute to the establishment of preventive measures to reduce the potential for abuse in Concern programme (as per P4 section 6).
· Masters degree in logistics, supply chain management, procurement or other relevant degree and Advanced Diploma in CIPS with at least five (5) years’ experience in an NGO or
· Bachelor’s degree in logistics, supply chain management, procurement or other relevant degree and an advanced diploma in CIPS and at least five (5) years’ experience in the NGO Sector
· Three (3) years managerial experience in the NGO Sector is a must.
· Excellent interpersonal, communication, planning, organizational, leadership and negotiation skills
· Confidentiality, integrity and ability to handle sensitive situations
· Proficiency in the use of computer applications Disclaimer Clause:
This job description is not exhaustive and may be revised by the line manager from time to time.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates, who meet the above requirements, should send a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title of the email as ‘Senior Manager – Logistics and Transport’ by Sunday, 27th November 2016.
Each application should include at least three referees who can validate technical expertise.
Telephone contacts must be submitted with the application.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.
Concern has a Programme Participant Protection Policy and Concern Code of Conduct which has been developed to ensure the maximum protection of programme participants, especially beneficiaries, from abuse and exploitation, and to clarify the responsibilities of Concern staff, partner organisations, and anyone engaged by Concern or visiting our programmes, and the standards of behaviour expected of them.
In this context all Concern staff have a responsibility to the organisation to strive for, and maintain, the highest standards in the day-to-day conduct of their work in accordance with Concern’s core values and mission.
Any candidate offered a job with Concern will be expected to sign the Programme Participant Protection Policy and Concern Code of Conduct as an appendix to their contract of employment.
By signing the Programme Participant Protection Policy and the Concern Code of Conduct candidates demonstrate they have understood its content and agree to conduct themselves in accordance with the provisions of this document.
Any breach of the Programme Participant Protection Policy and Concern Code of Conduct by employees of Concern during the course of their employment will result in disciplinary action up to, and including, dismissal
Concern Worldwide is a non-governmental international humanitarian organization dedicated to the reduction of suffering and working towards the ultimate elimination of extreme poverty in the world’s poorest countries.
‘Concern’ is the trading name of ‘Concern Worldwide’, a company limited by guarantee, registered number 39647; registered charity number CHY 5745, registered in Ireland, registered address is 52-55 Lower Camden Street, Dublin 2, Ireland.
Concern Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer and does not charge for any kind of recruitment