The Jomo Kenyatta Foundation (JKF) was established by the Government of Kenya in 1966 as a Company Limited by guarantee and having no share capital.
We are a leading educational publisher and scholarship provider in Kenya.
Job Title: Senior Human Resource Officer
Job Ref: JKF/SHRO/2016/001
Job Group: 9
Reports to: GM-HR & Administration
Supervises: HR staff through the Human Resource Officer 1
· Administering the Terms & Conditions of Service.
· Coordinating recruitment, selection, placement and induction of the new staff.
· Coordinating Training and Development activities.
· Implement and continuously updating the Human Resource Information System for the company.
· Administers compensation and rewards system.
· Administering the payroll system by processing the payroll data and forwarding it to Finance Department.
· Administering the medical scheme and related issues, by ensuring staff have medical cards, handling staff medical queries and continually updating them on their limits and balances.
· Administering leave and updating the system to reflect the current situation.
· Provision of counselling services to staff.
· Handling staff welfare concerns.
· Administering the Records Management Unit (registry) and its related services, where all staff and other files are stored.
· To perform any other relevant duty assigned by the GM-Human Resource & Administration.
To be appointed to this position, one must have
· Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences or a relevant field.
· Higher Diploma in Human Resource Management.
· Certificate in computer proficiency.
· Strategic Leadership training from a reputable institution will be an added advantage.
· Excellent Communication, negotiation, inter-personal relationship, team building, leadership and organizational skills.
· At least 3 years’ experience as HR officer 1.
The positions is permanent and pensionable and a competitive remuneration package will be offered to the successful candidate.
Interested applicants should apply by emailing us a copy of filled-in respective ‘JKF Job Application Forms’ (CLICK HERE to download) to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that the application forms should not be accompanied by testimonials.
The closing date for receipt of the forms is 23rd November, 2016.
Persons living with HIV/AIDs, disabilities and women are encouraged to apply.
The Jomo Kenyatta Foundation is an equal opportunity employer.We are ISO 9001:2008 certified