AFEX, a Lonrho company, provides camp construction, catering, management and logistics support to the Oil and Gas, Mining, UN and NGO sectors, in some of the most remote corners of Africa.
With headquarters in Nairobi, Kenya, AFEX provides international standard service delivery, combined with 30 years of regional operational experience.
AFEX wishes to recruit a competent, innovative and self-driven person to fill the following position:
Job Summary: The Procurement Officer will be responsible for all purchasing for AFEX in the Republic of South Sudan and will endeavor to bring the best deals with the best prices for the company.
· To assist the GM in preparing a procurement SOP for AFEX RSS
· To spend time in the local market sourcing local products
· To prepare tender documents for suppliers
· Carry out audits of suppliers facilities if needed
· Visit other establishments to check on product usage/availability
· Be proactive and able to take initiative
· Get the best deals as the best possible prices
· Work to strict time guidelines for purchases
· Achieve set purchase targets
· Assist with material inventory as required
· Achieve scorecard targets
· Report any corruption issues to Afex Senior Management
· Raise any work issues to the attention of the GM immediately
· Ensure that any work is done in line with AFEX’s Health and Safety guidelines.
· Must be aware of the correct methods of manual handling, and risks of lifting heavy loads.
To understand the AFEX requirement for QHSE in the workplace including employee and team responsibilities, to ensure continuous adherence to QHSE policies, procedures and work instructions and to proactively promote a quality, health and safety approach in all areas of your work.
Minimum Qualifications / Trade Specific Requirement
· At least a Diploma in Procurement and Supply Chain Management
· 3 years’ experience working in a similar role
· Good communication and interpersonal skills
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Work independently with minimal supervision
· Focus on achieving company goals
· Clear focus on quality and service
· A team player
· Should be willing to relocate to South Sudan.
Applicants meeting the above requirements should send their applications and a detailed Curriculum Vitae giving full details of their qualifications, experience and full contact address including day and evening telephone numbers, e-mail address and names and contact details of three referees by 2nd December 2016 to firstname.lastname@example.org
NB: Please include the POSITION TITLE in the subject line of your email.Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.