Our client a leading provider in Pharmacy, Health & Beauty in East Africa seeks to appoint a suitably qualified Pharmaceutical Technologist in Uganda.
This position will report to the Store Manager / Shift Leader and general responsibilities will include:
· Providing an outstanding level of customer service by assisting and advising on general Pharmacy health & beauty products
· Support other pharmacy team members in the receipt and preparation of prescriptions and by providing a high level of Patient care.
· Deliver & promote instore Professional Services
· Providing outstanding levels of Patient care
· Receiving and collecting prescriptions following the SOPs as required by the PPB
· Assembling and labeling medicines with the full description of contents etc as laid down in the SOPs
· Maintaining accurate and legal patient records on the dispensary system
· Advising Patients on their medications, taking into consideration relevant drug data sheet information
· Answering general telephone enquires from surgeries, patients and suppliers
· Selling to and advising customers on general medicinal products, complimentary preparations & beauty products
· Knowing when to make a referral to a pharmacist or other healthcare professional
· Carrying out any administration as required such as Medical insurance claims, KPI collection data & end of month prescription paperwork etc.
· Operating the EPOS/Till & payment methods together with maintaining an adequate cash float
· Being an active member of the Pharmacy team that delivers & promotes instore Professional Services.
· Preparing small scale or individual preparation of special ointments or creams and mixtures
· Ordering dispensary stock, checking and accepting deliveries and updating the stock control system.
· Stocking shelves, stock rotation, and date checking
· Ensuring all dispensary areas are clean and tidy
· Undertaking other duties appropriate to the post as agreed with the Store/Shift Manager
Essential Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
· Candidates presently working in Uganda
· Diploma in Pharmacy
· Committed to CPD
· Proven selling & customer service skills
· Outgoing with a friendly appearance
· Creative and enthusiastic
· Team player with strong communication skills
· Attention to detail
· Strong numeracy and literacy skills
· Able to deal with confidential information and follow set processes
· Registration with the PPB is an added advantage
· Experience in Stock ordering/control systems is an added advantage
Remuneration: An attractive salary package is on offer dependent on skills, qualifications and experience.
Please send your CV in MS Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org. Indicate the job title on the subject.