At Siginon Group, our determination to achieve our vision of being Africa’s world class logistics company is the driver of everything we do.
We are proactively designing systems and processes that ensure operations excellence and peace of mind for our customers.
Block by block, we are building a team of Qualified, Motivated, Competent and Energized individuals with a Winning culture to drive this vision.
Learning, Training and Development Manager
Job Purpose: Reporting to the Group Head of Human Resources, the job holder will responsible for supporting the overall business strategy and helping the business grow through it employees and Learning and Development initiatives.
He/She will be responsible for employee training and development programs that prepare staff to successfully carry out the mission of the organization and will also be responsible for developing and enhancing the Groups’ talent through a robust retention strategy.
· Develop and implement a learning strategy and platform to deliver various approaches to effective learning and development, including an approach to organizational wide coaching – building our internal capability and ensuring that we build capacity by utilising the strengths of those who work for and alongside us.
· Manage training needs assessment for individual staff as well as for the organization, in consultation with departmental heads, including assessment methods and measurement tools.
· Commission the most effective and efficient ways to develop and deliver the right learning solutions, identifying and agreeing the most appropriate mechanism for delivery (through a blended learning approach to learning such as coaching, classroom learning and action learning) and provider (ie from within or outside the organization – including the identification of opportunities for learning partnerships).
· Oversee the effective delivery of training interventions and then evaluating their quality and impact – ensuring that they inform the company’s approach to on-going improvement, development and implementation of future solutions.
· Carrying out training evaluation, training Impact analysis and determination of ROI on all training initiatives delivered.
· Support the Group Head of Human Resources in advising and coaching functional leads to ensure that learning required to support critical business needs is planned, commissioned and delivered in a cost effective and efficient way.
· Leading approaches to enable the organisation to unlock and develop talent.
· Preparing and managing the central Learning and development budget in consultation with the Group Head of Human Resources and Head of Divisions.
· Development and continuous improvement of training content/curriculum for the company’s products and new initiated programs.
· Conduct robust induction and orientation sessions. Actual facilitation of induction courses, product and services training and basic Logistics trainings for operations team.
· Maintain a keen understanding of training trends, developments and best practices Monitor and report on activities, costs, performance, etc.
· Identify, select and manage external training and accreditation bodies, agencies and providers necessary to deliver required training to appropriate standards and organize training venues, logistics, transport, accommodation as required to achieve efficient training attendance and delivery.
· Plan and deliver training courses personally where necessary to compliment that provided externally or internally by others.
· Build, support and provide solid functional work relationships with organizations to enhance effective training at the Centre.
· Provide ongoing reporting and analysis of training activities.
· Perform any other reasonable duties which may be required by management from time to time including participation in other HR activities as directed by management.
Education, Professional Qualifications & Work experience
· Bachelor’s degree in HRM, Education or Business related field from a recognized university
· Member of the Institute of Human Resource Management (IHRM).
· At least 5 years work experience in similar role plus exposure to other HR generalist functions
· Prior experience in designing curriculum and module content
· Strong experience in training delivery and training evaluation techniques;
· Member of the Institute of Human Resource Management (IHRM
Skills & Competencies
· Good command in training delivery and Training Evaluation Techniques.
· Excellent Planning and Organizing/Work Management Skills.
· Excellent presentation, report writing and research skills
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
· Excellent Teamwork/Collaboration ability
· High level of integrity
If you believe your experience, competencies and qualifications match the job and role specifications described; send your application and detailed CV(with details of at least 3 referees and MUST indicate your current salary on your application) to reach us on or before Friday 18th December by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org