Position: Logistics Intern
Direct hierarchy: Logistics manager
Contract duration: 3 months
Location: Nairobi, with 20% travel to field offices
Starting date: December 2016
ACTED is a French humanitarian NGO, founded in 1993, which supports vulnerable populations, affected by humanitarian crises worldwide.
Their interventions seek to cover the multiple aspects of humanitarian and development crises through a multidisciplinary approach which is both global and local, and adapted to each context.
Position Profile: The Logistics Intern’s main responsibilities are to support the Logistics team with routine duties; Assist the Logistics department in ensuring that all purchases are made in a timely and transparent manner, that ACTED procurement policies and procedures are followed at an optimal quality/price, and that all procurement procedures are properly implemented;
IT and project management
· Assist the IT officer and the Logistics Manager on the IT workload.
· Assist the IT officer and the Logistics Manager on the ongoing project related to new technologies implementation.
· Assist for the setup, manage and ensure effective use of the entire and IT systems in the mission
· Assist in maintaining and updating (where necessary) the IT policy
· Maintain control mechanisms on all IT equipment (e.g. limits on installation of software, limits or tracking of printing)
· Assist in providing computer support and training to ACTED staff when necessary.
· Replace the cartridge as needed.
Regional coordination meeting (RCM)
· Support in the organization of ACTED’s regional coordination meeting for early 2017;
· Assist in the transportation and the accommodation in Nairobi
· Assist in the procurements related to the regional coordination meeting
· Delivering purchase orders to suppliers, collecting items purchased and ensuring their quality and specifications.
· In charge of the stock management related to the RCM.
Any other duty as may be requested by the Logistics Manager/Officer
· A Degree in purchases & supplies management, Logistics from a recognized Institution
· Strong team player of high integrity, pleasant personality, ability to work under least supervision and meet strict deadlines.
· Diploma/Bachelor’s in Information technology, computer science is a plus
· Excellent planning, coordination, and reporting skills, with the ability to organise a substantial workload comprised of complex, diverse tasks and responsibilities;
· Good public Relations with strong negotiation skills.
· Computer literate and with excellent IT Knowledge.
· Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to establish effective work relations at all levels,
· Excellent communication skills, strong analytical and conceptual skills.
· Being conversant in Somali language will be considered an advantage.
Qualified persons with the required skills are invited to submit their applications accompanied by detailed curriculum vitae detailing three work related referees and contacts to email@example.com and received on or before 5.00PM on 2nd December 2016
Please note that only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ACTED will at no stage of recruitment process request candidate to make payments of any kindACTED is an Equal Opportunity Employer.