Employer: Nuru Kenya
Job Title: Education Facilitators
Category: Full time, contract
Location: Migori County
Number of Positions: 3 (Kuria East-1, Kuria West-1 and Migori-1)
About The Organization: Nuru Kenya is an NGO committed to ending extreme poverty in remote, rural areas by offering locally-led training in agriculture, Financial Inclusion, healthcare, and education.
Nuru focuses on cultivating service-minded leaders and equipping people with tools and knowledge to lead their communities out of extreme poverty.
Nuru’s vision is to create a world where people living in extreme poverty have the choice to determine their future.
Reporting to the Program Manager, the Facilitator will be responsible for the daily operation of Nuru’s education program within local public schools.
The Facilitator will be expected to assist in the facilitation of training sessions for both education and leadership programs. Facilitators should demonstrate a strong commitment to children’s education.
He/she should value and maintain strong relationships with the community, schools, parents and children.
· Training teachers on the Nuru Curriculum during school vocations and when called upon
· Shows creativity and innovation in facilitation and team building
· Develops and follows laid down schedule and meetings with trainees and schools
· Maintains a positive relationship with schools, parents, students, the community, cooperative group and Nuru staff
· Supports the team in achieving both day to day goals and program goals
· Gives clear and specific feedback on the level of learners, and teacher’s relationship with schools, and the effectiveness of different teaching techniques
· Maintains checklists, leads filling out of required documents such as attendance record
· Support workshop sessions with participants
· Provide feedback on how to improve the Nuru curriculum during debrief sessions
· Take responsible care of training materials by ensuring that materials are available ahead of time and handed over to the training manager after the training
· Assess and evaluate trainees based on knowledge gained and reaction during trainings
· Does regular follow ups to monitor implementation of teacher training
· Additional roles as assigned by your supervisor during the training period
Note: Management reserves the right to change the job description from time to time and as required.
· Kenyan citizen or ability to work in Kenya
· Possess KCSE with mean grade of C+ (plus) or above; with at least a C plain in English
· Be in possession of a bachelor’s degree in Education from an institution recognized in Kenya
· Minimum of two (2) years’ experience training adults
· Demonstrates strong English reading and writing ability
· Possesses great interpersonal skills
· Is flexible, open-minded and willing to learn from others
· Possesses excellent time management skills
· Demonstrates strong leadership skills and a selfless attitude
· Relates well with children, teachers and the community as a whole
· Values community development
· Believes in the power of education and literacy
· Is able to work independently but also follows directions well
Working Condition: Work will be performed both in the office and in the field. Some work is also expected to be performed over the weekend and evenings during busier seasons.
Remuneration: Commensurate with demonstrated skills and experience.
Nuru Kenya is an Equal Opportunity Employer, we give equal opportunity to all qualified candidates.
Interested applicants should submit their CV supported by at least two known references, cover letter outlining how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of the position, copies of academic/professional certificates and a copy of your national ID.
Kindly quote your current and expected salary.
Complete your application in English, include your phone number, and email it to email@example.com or hand delivered at Nuru Kenya offices located in Isibania by the 18th of November, 2016 at 5pm.
Indicate the job title as the subject of your application.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification from the hiring process.Nuru Kenya does not ask for or accept money at any stage in the hiring process.