Our client, a Travel and Tours Company in Nairobi seeks to fill the position of a Dispatch Officer.
This is a very key position in the company and the holder is the focal person between Customers, Drivers and the Company.
This position requires a very organized, time conscious and customer focused and self-driven individual with good communication skills and the ability to multitask effectively.
· Have in-depth knowledge of routes within Nairobi, map reading skill and ability to track vehicles using Retriever software
· Receive orders from customers via phone call or email and make necessary arrangement for the appropriate driver and vehicle to be employed for each run
· Keep track of the movement and progress of each driver and vehicle and prepare timely reports for the manager and client
· Receive complains about driver and vehicle
· Receive report about vehicle defects, accident and emergency situations
· Relay reports and work orders to the supervisor
· Ensure timely dispatch of vehicles
· Negotiate rates with customers
· Prioritize bookings according to urgency and nature of transfer
· Maintain a friendly relationship with customers to ensure
· Continuous patronage
Qualifications / Skills
· A Diploma Holder in a Business related field
· Excellent Communication skills (listening, interpersonal, written and verbal)
· Excellent map reading skills and ability to use internet location facilities
· Ability to track vehicles using Retriever Software
· Ability to work well in high pressure environment
· A team player who can calmly manage stress associated with the position
· Able to multitask and prioritize tasks effectively without making mistakes
· Emotionally mature with good sense of judgment
· Excellent organization and planning skills
· At least 2 years continuous work experience in a similar role
· MUST be willing to work flexible schedules including working at night, on weekends, holidays, and over time to meet clients demands
· MUST have been in a leadership position in current or previous roles
If you meet the above qualifications send your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday, 30thNovember, 2016.
Clearly indicate the position applied for on the subject line.Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. No Telephone Calls Please.