We are looking for experienced, qualified individuals with a passion for winning to fill the vacancy listed below:
Duties and Responsibilities
· Coordinate timely and accurate preparation of budgets, ensure budgetary controls, constantly monitor expenditure and report on variances;
· Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements and reports in an accurate and timely manner and prepare all the documents that are required to support the periodical auditing exercise;
· Prepare cash flows statements and bank reconciliations;
· Ensure that all accounting transactions comply with set financial systems and controls and initiate remedial action where this is not the case;
· Prepare and continually review aged (debtor/creditor) analysis report and advise management accordingly;
· Compile tax reports/statutory returns, ensuring that these are submitted in a timely manner to the relevant authorities and consult with tax advisors as and when necessary;
· Liaise with the external auditors during interim and annual audit and follow-up.
· Develop and maintain internal control and effective accounting system and policies for the business;
· Establish and maintain systems for cost-sensitivity analysis and early-warning of cost-overruns;
· Work consultatively with the respective departments on cost reduction initiatives;
· Manage relationships with key stakeholders including banks, suppliers, and key customers;
· Confirm financial status by monitoring revenue and expenses; coordinating the collection, consolidation, and evaluation of financial data;
· Maintain accounting controls by establishing a chart of accounts; defining accounting policies;
· Enforce current accounting regulations and recommend new procedures for proposed legislation.
Qualifications, Skills & Abilities
· University Degree in Commerce, Accounts, Finance or other business related field from a recognized university.
· Fully qualified Accountant (CPA, ACCA, ACA or equivalent).
· A member of ICPAK or any other related/relevant professional body;
· At least 3 years’ experience in a busy commercial office
· Sound knowledge of the financial industry, accounting principles and regulatory guidelines.
· Experience in dealing with Statutory and Internal Auditors;
· Excellent planning, problem solving and analytical skills.
· Excellent report writing skills.
· Knowledge and hands on experience in office automation tools
· Ability to work accurately and effectively with multiple priorities and deadlines in a fast paced environment;
Apply by attaching and sending your current CV indicating on the subject line the job title as advertised to email@example.com.
Kindly mention where you saw the job advert.
Applications to be received latest by 2nd December 2016.Only qualified candidates will be acknowledged