Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations
Vacancy Announcement No: VA-011-2016
Position Title: Driver (6 Positions)
Grade Level: SC2
Contract Type: Service Contract – NPP
Duty Station: Tanariver, Samburu, Marsabit, Baringo, Nandi, Westpokot
Organizational Unit: FAO Representation Office in Kenya
Duration: 3 months with possibility of extension
Eligible Candidates: Kenyan Nationals
Anticipated Start Date: February 2017
General Description of Tasks and Objectives to be achieved: The Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) Representation in Kenya seeks to fill in the position of Drivers for implementation of the EU-funded project Support to the attainment of Vision 2030 through Devolved Land Reforms in Kenya (GCP/KEN/085/EC).
Reporting Line: Under the overall supervision of the Assistant FAOR (Administration) and the direct supervision of the Head of Logistics the incumbent performs the following:
· Drive and transport FAO personnel/missions to various meetings and other location in the country
· Maintains updated records of vehicle movement logs, vehicle fuel consumption service and repair records
· Ensure assigned vehicle is always clean serviced and repaired as per the specified schedule and in good working conditions at all times
· Perform minor vehicle repairs.
· Organize for security escort services for all FAO missions involved in
· Maintain Monthly log book records and fuel records including collection of invoices and submission to Nairobi office
· Facilitate planning of all local travel
· Day to day maintenance of FAO vehicle, ensure vehicle assigned is in good working condition at all times, report defects or damages on time
· Provide transportation and mobility of FAO staff and visitors
· Trip planning during missions
· Ensuring security of FAO staff and property while driving as well as reporting to radio room as required while on mission
· Offer Logistical support and perform other clerical duties as may be assigned
· Secondary school education.
· Minimum five years accident free driving experience in an office environment.
· Motor vehicle mechanical repair a distinct advantage.
· Working experience with UN agencies is an added advantage.
· Fluent in both written and spoken English and Kiswahili.
· Valid Driving Licence and certificate of good conduct.
· Tact, politeness, courtesy and ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with people of different national and cultural background.
· Ability to operate modern PC-based electronic communications systems.
How to Apply:
Candidates are requested to submit their application by email to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the position title and vacancy announcement number.
A duly completed Personal Profile Form (PPF) generated from FAO’s iRecruitment portal as a PDF-file is to be submitted by email together with a cover letter.
Please note that attached resumes or CV’s in place of the PPF will not be accepted.
In order to prepare a Personal Profile Form, you must first register on the FAO iRecruitment site by clicking on the following link to register: http://www.fao.org/employment/irecruitment-access/en/
In order for your application to be properly evaluated, please ensure that all sections of the on-line profile are completed.
Deadline for Application: 13 November 2016
Applications received after the closing date will not be given consideration.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
This vacancy is open to both male and female candidates.
Qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply.Persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply.