Job Title: Procurement Officer – Hospitality
Salary: 75K – 85K
Our client is a well established Country Club in Nairobi.
They seek to hire a Procurement Officer to ensure effective and efficient of procurement of all capital equipment and services in accordance with the Club’s policies and procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in procurement and purchasing of goods and services as per Club’s policy
- Negotiate with suppliers to secure the highest value for money and most profitable terms for the Club
- Conduct and document market surveys
- Initiate business partnerships with relevant suppliers
- Assist with supplier appraisal and selection process to ensure their ability to meet the Club’s requirements
- Perform risk analysis regarding supply contracts and agreements
- Collaborating with HOD’s to ensure effective supplier performance appraisals are conducted in line with the contracts and to manage supplier phase out phase in process
- Ensure safe custody and maintenance of procurement records such as purchase orders, quotations, contracts, tenders, and internal purchase requisitions
- Maintain and manage good supplier relationships and advice management of any issues thereof
- Safeguard the integrity of procurement documents, upholding confidentiality and privacy in the course of duty
- Preparation of monthly and annual reports on purchases and spending, and orders/activities in order to provide insights in making continuous improvements
- Make regular follow up on orders and delivery documents
- Provide procurement information as may be required
- To work with various stakeholders in controlling spend and build a culture of long term savings on procurement costs
- Update and maintain accurate supplier master data in the system inclusive of their price lists
- In collaboration with Stores department, ensure optimum stock levels of all stock items are maintained
Skills and Qualifications
- Degree in Procurement or a business related course
- 5 years experience in a similar position, in a busy environment. Exposure in the hospitality industry preferred
- Professional qualification in Procurement/ Purchasing and Supplies Management from a recognized Institution
- Membership to the relevant Procurement/Purchasing body
- Familiar with the procurement procedures and relevant legal requirements
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Knowledge of JONAS software is an added advantage
- Excellent coordination, reporting, communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical, negotiation and networking abilities
How to Apply
Please only send your CV quoting the job title in the email subject (Procurement Officer - Hospitality) to email@example.com before Tuesday 1st November, 2016.
Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV.
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing.