Internship Opportunity: Plan International is an independent non-profit organization that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
Working in building powerful partnerships for children for over 75 years and present on 70 countries, Plan International strives for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children while working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners.
Plan International Regional Office for East and Southern Africa (RESA) seeks a Finance Intern based in Nairobi to provide an opportunity to put into practice the knowledge they have acquired.
The Applicants must be Fresh Graduates (graduated in the last 1 year) with less than 6 months work experience or in their final year of study.
Duties and responsibilities
- Preparation of both cash and cheque payment vouchers
- Facilitation of approval across the whole levels
- Posting of payment vouchers into SAP system
- Working with Accountant in ensuring each of the GL accounts is reconciled on monthly basis
- Preparation of bank reconciliations in SAP System
- Management of office petty cash i.e. cash custody, making cash payments and all banking services
- Working closely with the Assistant Accountant in ensuring optimum cash balance in the safe
- Management of Regional Office filling system that will facilitate easy retrieval.
- Bachelor’s degree, CPA (K) and ERP technical skills particularly SAP
- Ability to work well with others
- Integrity, commitment to learning and respect and promotion of gender and diversity
- Good communicator in English - both written and oral as well as a good listener
Physical Environment and Demands:
Typical office environment.
Level of Contact with Children:
Low contact: Low frequency of interaction
How to Apply:
Closing Date: October 23, 2016
Please note that only applications and CVs written in English will be accepted.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The position title should be the subject of your email application.
Applications should be sent to: email@example.com
References will be taken and background and antiterrorism checks will be carried out in conformity with Plans Child Protection Policy.
Plan operates an equal opportunities policy and actively encourages diversity, welcoming applications from all persons meeting the skills and experience required.
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.