KickStart International Inc.
Job Title: Finance Intern
Function: Finance & Admin
Location: KickStart HQ Office - Nairobi
Type of Contract: Internship
Scope of Role:Reports to: Budgets and Grants Finance Manager
Staff directly reporting to this post: N/A
Works with: All departments.
Key Areas of Accountability:
- Review all invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to payment.
- Process cheque requests on a timely basis taking advantage of discounts where ever possible.
- Documents financial transactions by entering account information in ERP.
- Review of expenditure all General Ledger expense accounts to ensure that expenses have been captured under the correct account codes as per the chart of accounts.
- Reconcile vendor and staff accounts, Issue monthly statements, follow up and resolve any disputed items in a timely manner.
- Review and enter Employees Expenditure Reports into the system ensuring that the staff accounts are correctly cleared with the amount of advance accounted for.
- Maintain files and documentation thoroughly and accurately, in accordance with company policy and accepted accounting practices
- Any other related tasks.
Key Performance Criteria
- Timely and accurate recording of transactions,
- Timely and accurate production of reports,
- Zero tolerance of non-compliance with internal controls, systems and policies,
Qualifications and Experience
- University degree in Accounting, Finance or related field.
- CPA Part II qualification.
- Minimum 1 years in Accounting experience necessary;
- Highly proficient in use of Excel.
- Familiarity financial management information systems (ERP) preferably Microsoft NAV.
Skills and Behaviours
- Excellent analytical, verbal and written communication skills required; Extremely detail oriented
- Demonstrated experience in bookkeeping and use of computers and computerized accounting software.
- Demonstrated experience and skills in all aspects of office administration procedures.
- Demonstrated organizational skills including ability to prioritise, manage time and develop and maintain systems.
- Ability to work effectively at an individual and team level as well as within a multicultural organization.
- Ability to communicate effectively with/to people.
If you feel you are the right candidate for this job, please send your CV and Cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the position title on the subject line by COB 13th October, 2016