Job Title: Program Manager - Youth Empowerment
Location: Nairobi with frequent travels
Salary: 150K - 200K
Our client is an NGO that offers customized training to help youth integrate easily into the employment market and entrepreneurship.
- Lead the enhancement and growth of the organizations programs
- Develop collaboration and networking with other organizations and corporate to enhance the livelihood benefits of entrepreneurship for youth
- Develop and mentor micro businesses and track their progress and impact
- Research models for entrepreneurship programs, lead integration of best practices to further grow the businesses
- Provide market linkages to enable youth to successfully set up and grow businesses
- Promote the entrepreneurship program through traditional and social media outlets
- Review the entrepreneurship curriculum and processes and develop a network of stakeholders to serve as support and practical training platforms.
- Design, implement and organize events and activities to support growth of the programs
- Provide regular reports on the programs progress
- Training, coaching and supporting the team of staff so as to deliver on programs.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- A post graduate degree or diploma in a relevant field, with a first degree in social sciences
- A minimum of 5 years experience in designing and implementing community development programs
- Demonstrate leadership skills and ability to work with marginalized youth
- Ability to mentor, coach or train individuals in business concepts, leadership etc.
- A solid foundation in the fundamentals of entrepreneurship. Working with start-up businesses or academic training in business methods will be an asset
- Ability to build partnerships and work in teams
- Experience in skills training or workshop facilitation
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written
How to Apply
Please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Program Manager - Youth Empowerment) to email@example.com before Wednesday 14th September 2016.
Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing.
Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the short listing process.