University of Maryland
School of Medicine
Procurement Manager - Nairobi
Oversee the procurement function to ensure that all procurement is undertaken as per laid down laws, rules and regulations, while enforcing transparency and accountability in the procurement process to ensure value for money;
Duties & Responsibilities
- He / She will review procurement initiatives for approval, compliance and execution within MGIC in line with USG guidelines and MGIC procurement guidelines.
- Develop and implement MGIC’s Procurement strategies and policies
- Provide oversight to sourcing in support of project activities and conduct training on procurement, sourcing, contracting responsibilities, ethics and general guidelines on property management.
- Examine and re-evaluate existing contracts in line with performance.
- Perform risk analysis regarding supply contracts and agreements.
- Ensures project procurements are conducted within the stipulated timelines (timely project procurements)
- Review, up-date, interpret and implement existing procurement regulations, procedures and systems; prepare and ensure implementation of the procurement manual.
- Ensure timely and efficient implementation of procurement strategy and ensure that departmental performance targets are set and achieved.
- Oversee the maintenance and safeguarding of procurement records and documents.
- Monitor contract management by user departments to ensure implementation of contracts in accordance with terms and conditions of the contract
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree plus eight (8) years of related experience;
- CIPS qualifications.
- Demonstrated knowledge of procurement / contracts principles, contracts administration and finance or accounting.
- Experience working under USAID or DFID funded international projects preferred.
- Applicants must exhibit a flexible work attitude: the ability to work productively in a team environment.
- They must also be able to work well independently to meet unexpected demands.
If you meet the above qualifications, you are requested to send your application and CV to email@example.com by September 16, 2016.
Candidates are required to quote the TITLE & LOCATION of the position being applied on the subject line of the email.
Only shortlisted candidate will be contacted.
Maryland Global Initiatives Corporation is an equal opportunity employer.