Position: Transport Officer
Duty Station: Kwale County
A company in Kwale is seeking a highly qualified and suitable candidate to engage in a six months contract for the aforementioned position.
Job Summary: Distribution, maintenance, repair and utilization of the entire vehicle fleet of the area. This includes assisting in supervision and control of the staff, vehicles, plant and equipment using computer based management and control systems.
- Ensure observance of company safety standards
- Ensure vehicles are used in accordance with established rules and regulations and that vehicle usage data is correctly recorded.
- Propose improvements in the existing transport processes, systems and tools.
- Track vehicle and fuel usage and consumption rates; ensure that potential problems or fuel misuse is raised to management.
- Maintain daily duty rosters of drivers and dispatch vehicles daily.
- Prepare weekly schedules for drivers/operators.
- Check vehicle logs information weekly, make corrections where necessary and sign off in each log to verify that this has been done.
- Collect daily and weekly vehicle checklists, verify their accuracy, and work with drivers to correct any problems.
- Track Field Office transport personnel and vehicle movements.
Qualifications and Experience
- Diploma in Transport or Logistics
- Three years experience as a Transport Officer
- Experience in Sugar industry is highly desirable.
- This challenging position will require a candidate with proven ability to work under pressure with minimum supervision, high level communication skills, ability to prioritize workload, attention to detail and excellent organization and managerial skills.
- They should display professional demeanor with qualities such as strong work ethics, trustworthiness, and embrace teamwork.
Qualified individuals are invited to send their application along with detailed CV ONLY to email@example.com the Position as the Subject of the email.
Closing Date: 12thAug 2016 by 5.30pm