Vacancy: Manufacturing Occupational Safety and Health Officer
Reporting to:Administration & Human Resource Manager
Main External Contacts:
- DOSH / Public Health Officers
- Security Providers
- All Employees
Job Purpose: Liaison with the Occupational Safety and Health committees to identify hazards, assess risks to safety and health, put appropriate safety controls in place and provide advice about accident prevention and occupational health to Management and Employees.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Promote occupational safety and health within the Company and develop safer and healthier ways of working
- Manage QHSE Programs, Policies and Procedures and maintain relevant logs and documentation.
- Assist in compliance reviews, general risk assessments and other safety assessments to support QHSE.
- Inspect workplaces and workplace equipment to ensure they meet safety regulations and to identify hazards and risks
- Review all documentation as per the yearly review schedules
- Ensure personal protective equipment (such as hearing protection, dust masks, safety glasses, footwear and safety helmets) are used in workplaces according to regulations
- Ensure dangerous materials are correctly stored and disposed
- Identify and test work areas for potential accidents and health hazards and implement appropriate control measures
- Ensure the Company is aware of, and complies with, all legislation relating to its duty of care, workplace activities and the use of its plant, equipment and substances
- Record and report to the relevant regulatory bodies all hazards, accidents, injuries and health issues within the
- Oversee all waste management and implementation of site specific waste management plans
- Assist with the investigation of accidents and unsafe working conditions, study possible causes and recommend remedial action
- Conduct training sessions for management, supervisors and workers on safety and health practices and legislation
- Assist with the rehabilitation of workers after accidents or injuries and make sure they experience a satisfactory return to work process
- Coordinate emergency procedures, rescues, firefighting and first aid activities
- Regularly report on the status of occupational safety and health programmes within the Company
- Develop occupational safety and health systems, including policies, procedures and manuals in line with the regulations.
Academic / Professional Qualifications
- Degree / Diploma in Safety, Engineering, or related technical course
- Certified Safety practitioner
- 3 years’ EHS experience in a manufacturing environment
- NEBOSH Certification will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge in Public Health activities
- Be conversant with Occupational Safety and Health Act, 2007/ WIBA.
- Must be IT proficient and demonstrate ability to work under pressure
- Must be of high Integrity
- Excellent Communication and Interpersonal skills
- Excellent Analytical and Report writing skills
- Self-motivation, leadership and innovation.
How to apply
If you are the right person we are looking for, send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org by 12th September 2016, indicating the names and contacts of three referees one of whom must be a current or former Employer.