Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA)
Integration of small holder farmers into modern value chains with food safety standards in Kenya- AFLASAFE Project
Position: Associate Field Manager
Deadline to Apply: Rolling Basis
Start Date: 1st Sep 2016
Eligibility: Position open to local Kenyan hires only
organization that creates and evaluates approaches to solving development problems.
IPA disseminates the results of its evaluations to policymakers, practitioners, investors and donors around the world.
About the project: AFLASAFE is a project that is being implemented through IPA. The project is led by researchers from International Food Policy Institute (IFPRI based in the US) and Wagengen University in the Netherlands.
The main aim of the study is to evaluate the adoption of aflatoxin reducing technologies and their impact on the livelihoods of small-scale farmers in Meru County, Kenya.
- Organization and coordination of Field Activities. These will include meetings with and trainings for the farmer groups and project partners and conducting regular field visits to supervise field activities.
- Data collection and data management: that is, refining the study design and survey instruments, overseeing and monitoring data collection exercise and assisting with data cleaning and analysis.
- Assist with the hiring of field officers when necessary.
- Develop work plans and budgets for the field officers and project partners where necessary
- Establish and maintain contact with project partners and the local administration.
- Monitoring, learning and evaluation of the project activities, outputs, outcomes and impact.
- Taking and updating inventory of all project items and participating in general procurement and logistics for the project.
- A BSc degree in Agricultural Economics, Agribusiness, Extension or a related field.
- Good communication skills in English.
- Knowledge of the local language used in the study area will be an added advantage.
- Experience with (2 years) and proven skills in working with farming communities in Kenya.
- Experience in data collection and data management.
- Skills to interact with partners and farmers and to engage farmers in data collection where possible
- Ability to work independently in a multi-disciplinary, multi-institutional, and multi-cultural environment
- Excellent organizational skills
How to Apply:
CLICK HERE to apply online
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the AFM - AFLASAFE. The statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all possible duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs as necessary. Please note that IPA will never request any form of payment from an applicant.