UN World Food Programme – Somalia
Vacancy Announcement No.VA-020/2016
Vacancy Announcement No.VA-020/2016
Position No. 16-0021682
Post Title: Aviation Business Support Assistant
Contract type: Service Contract
Post Grade: SC3
Duration: One year (Initial)
Organizational background: The World Food Programme Somalia activities include food assistance for relief, emergency school feeding, humanitarian air and logistics services, food coordination and emergency rehabilitation projects.
This position is open to qualified Somalia candidates.
Female candidates in particular, are encouraged to apply.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the direct supervision of the Senior Logistic Assistant- Air Operations and the overall supervision of the Air Transport (Aviation) Officer, the incumbent will be responsible for the following duties:-
- Provide inputs to the EFMA, including passengers/cargo bookings, flights’ actual check-in data- in line with applicable instructions. Extract manifests and DFS from EFMA;
- Plan and perform, in accordance with applicable procedures and regulations, check-in at the airport and boarding at the ramp, communicate and provide to the crew all relevant information and paperwork required for the flight;
- Monitor and conduct, when required, security screening of all UNHAS passengers, cargo, and luggage. Coordinate with airport security, crew and supervisor any observed issues and concerns related to AVSEC;
- Liaise with handling company and other airport services to ensure they provide services in a good, timely and safe manner. Supervise work of service providers;
- Communicate with the Aviation staff at other destinations to make sure relevant information is shared;
- Communicate with Airport Authorities on the matters related to day to day air operation and with Civil Aviation Authorities when directed so by supervisor;
- Manage inbound and transit flights including directions to passengers, acceptance/handling of cargo, luggage and pouch, documents processing, de-briefing with the crew;
- Prepare a variety of reports such as daily flight reports, monthly reports, fuel reports, received cargo and pouches records;
- Cross-check monthly invoices received from service providers and authorities for accurateness;
- Report without delay to Air Transport (Aviation) Officer any operational non-compliances, as well as observed hazards to aviation safety;
- Extract and input data from various sources in administrative, human resource, procurement, logistics and other WFP corporate systems;
- Respond to a variety of enquiries from staff as appropriate and provide timely and accurate service to clients;
- Provide business support activities and routine correspondence;
- Operate a variety of office equipment such as photocopier, facsimile, printer, scanner; Make photocopies and packages of materials for meetings as required;
- Undertake standard data entry tasks in accordance with defined system, to ensure information is organised and readily available for the business team.
- Collect, sort and distribute/transmit correspondence, reports and other material as appropriate;
- Provide assistance to all staff on services such as document retrieval and inventory. Maintain working desks and folders in order;
- Set up, classify and maintain unit files, including but not limited to booking files, fuel receipts, daily flights file;
- Perform other related duties as required.
Education: Secondary school education.
Experience: At least three years’ experience in support functions. Proven experience in keyboard skills and knowledge of simple record-keeping procedures would be an added advantage.
Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in Somalia and English is a requirement.
- Experience utilizing computers, including word processing, spreadsheet and other WFP standard software packages and systems.
- General knowledge of WFP administrative policies, rules, regulations and procedures in the area of work would be desirable.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates are requested to submit online applications only according to the following procedures:
- Go to: http://i-recruitment.wfp.org/vacancies/16-0021682
- Step 1: Create your online CV.
- Step 2: Click on “Description” to read the position requirements and “Apply” to submit your application.
- Note: You must complete Step 2 in order for your application to be considered for this vacancy.
Date of issue: 5th July 2016
Closing Date: 18th July 2016
Applications that do not meet the above requirements will be disregarded.