The Unclaimed Financial Assets Authority (UFAA) is a State Corporation established under the National Treasury pursuant to the Unclaimed Financial Assets Act No. 40 of 2011.
The primary mandate of the Authority is to obtain unclaimed financial assets from the holders of such assets on behalf of the Government, safeguard and re-unite the assets with their rightful owners.
Senior Strategy / Planning Officer
Job Ref: UFAA/02/2016
Purpose of the Job: Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Senior Strategy / Planning Officer will be responsible for providing strategies for current and future growth of an organization by suggesting changes or improvements to current business plans, policies and procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Preparing the organizational performance contract
- Justifying and providing evidence on behalf of the Authority the results of the organizational performance during evaluation
- Preparing performance contracts for departmental heads
- Monitoring and evaluating departmental performance
- Providing expertise by assisting in the formulation, development, and implementation of strategies and policies that will enable the Authority achieve its objectives. He/she will ensure the continued growth and success of the Authority through strategically designing the organization to accomplish its strategic plan.
- Creating the strategic culture necessary for the organization to accomplish its strategic objectives
- Developing overall strategic intent for the organization and business modeling in line with relevant government policies and communicating to functional units
- Providing support and expertise to all management, assisting them in establishing all set goals, objectives, policies, and procedures for all the organic functions of the Authority.
- Playing a leadership function in charting the Authority’s course in business development and new business ventures.
- Helping the Management Team to fully understand and achieve the goals set in the Authority’s strategic plan and performance goals.
- Implementing management controls and reporting procedures to ensure that the management team has up to date situational awareness of all core issues and operating data pertinent to sound decision making.
- Ensuring that the operational policies and procedures of the Authority provide for legal and ethical compliance with all regulations, laws and good operating practices.
- Suggesting changes for the organization by providing comprehensive reports regarding Improvements or changes needed to achieve current and future goals. This can include suggesting additional funding for specific business units, or restructuring of the organization.
- Producing policy direction reports and initiatives required in the establishment and management of the strategic reunification processes, including planning, governance and performance management.
- Bachelors’ Degree in Economics, Finance, Accounting, Business or any other related discipline from a university recognized by the Commission for University Education.
- Master’s degree in Business Administration (MBA) or any other related field will be an added advantage.
- At least seven (7) years’ work experience in a Strategic Management role, at least three (3) of which should of at a supervisory level.
- Working knowledge of good management as well as good judgment to plan and accomplish strategic goals
- Membership to a relevant professional body
Terms and Conditions
Successful candidates for the above positions will be offered a competitive remuneration package;
Appointments will be on permanent and pensionable terms subject to satisfactory performance
Applicants should attach the following documents with their applications: valid Tax Clearance Certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority, Higher Education Loans Board clearance, Credit Reference Bureau Report, Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission submission form, and a Certificate of Good Conduct from the Criminal Investigations Department.
If you possess the above qualifications, please write quoting the Job Reference and Title on both the application letter and envelope accompanied by an up-to-date curriculum vitae, indicating your current and expected remuneration and other benefits, academic and professional qualifications, work experience, your e-mail and telephone contacts.
Your curriculum vitae should indicate names, phone numbers, postal and email addresses of at least two (2) referees who are familiar with your previous academic/work experience.
Please attach copies of your educational, professional certificates, identity card or passport.
The applications should either be sent by post, e-mail, or hand delivered to the Authority’s offices located at 2nd Floor Pacis Centre, Westlands - off Waiyaki way, to be received on or before 22nd July 2016 at 5 P.M. addressed to:
Chief Executive Officer
Unclaimed Financial Assets Authority
P.O. Box 28235-00200
UFAA is “an Equal Opportunity Employer” Women and Persons with Disability are encouraged to apply.
Canvassing of any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted