The Unclaimed Financial Assets Authority (UFAA) is a State Corporation established under the National Treasury pursuant to the Unclaimed Financial Assets Act No. 40 of 2011.
The primary mandate of the Authority is to obtain unclaimed financial assets from the holders of such assets on behalf of the Government, safeguard and re-unite the assets with their rightful owners.
Secretary / Administrative Assistant
Job Ref: UFAA/012/2016
Purpose of the Job: Reporting to the Administration Officer, the position is responsible for providing administrative support to the Authority and management through coordinating and conducting administrative tasks and duties including handling and receiving information.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Preparing and managing correspondence, documents and reports.
- Taking note, typing and distributing minutes of meetings.
- Maintaining databases, operating office equipment and managing office space.
- Executing and maintaining office systems, maintaining calendars and schedules.
- Handling incoming mails, telephone calls, enquiries, or requests.
- Maintaining and devising office systems, including filing, data management etc.
- Establishing and maintaining secretarial practices in order to ensure reliable and accurate data, essential for business operations.
- Arranging and confirming appointments, and organizing external and internal events.
- Organizing and coordinating meetings, travel arrangements, and conferences for staff.
- Setting up and maintaining filing systems, establishing work procedures and collating information.
- Liaising with external and internal contacts, suppliers or clients.
- Communicating verbally as well as in writing to respond to inquiries and providing information.
- Providing secretarial and administrative support to management and other staff
- Diploma in Secretarial Studies from a recognized institution
- Served in the grade of a Secretary/ Administrative Assistant for a minimum period of three (3) years
- Certificate in Computer Applications
- The following professional qualifications offered the Kenya National Examination Council:
1. Shorthand II (80w.p.m)
2. Typewriting II (40 w.p.m)/ computerized Document Processing III
3. Office Management III/ Office Administration and Management III
4. Business English II/ Communications II
5. Office Practice II
6. Commerce II
7. Secretarial Duties II
Skills and Specifications
- Knowledge of clerical and administrative procedures.
- Knowledge of applicable software applications, such as word processing, spreadsheets, and database management.
- Proficiency in spelling, grammar, punctuation, and further English language skills.
- Good at typewriting.
- Attention to detail and ability to maintain confidentiality
- Planning, interpersonal, and time management skills.
- Initiative, stress tolerance, and customer-service orientation
- Organizational skills or management ability.
Terms and Conditions
Successful candidates for the above positions will be offered a competitive remuneration package;
Appointments will be on permanent and pensionable terms subject to satisfactory performance
Applicants should attach the following documents with their applications: valid Tax Clearance Certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority, Higher Education Loans Board clearance, Credit Reference Bureau Report, Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission submission form, and a Certificate of Good Conduct from the Criminal Investigations Department.
If you possess the above qualifications, please write quoting the Job Reference and Title on both the application letter and envelope accompanied by an up-to-date curriculum vitae, indicating your current and expected remuneration and other benefits, academic and professional qualifications, work experience, your e-mail and telephone contacts.
Your curriculum vitae should indicate names, phone numbers, postal and email addresses of at least two (2) referees who are familiar with your previous academic/work experience.
Please attach copies of your educational, professional certificates, identity card or passport.
The applications should either be sent by post, e-mail, or hand delivered to the Authority’s offices located at 2nd Floor Pacis Centre, Westlands - off Waiyaki way, to be received on or before 22nd July 2016 at 5 P.M. addressed to:
Chief Executive Officer
Unclaimed Financial Assets Authority
P.O. Box 28235-00200
UFAA is “an Equal Opportunity Employer” Women and Persons with Disability are encouraged to apply.
Canvassing of any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted