Sheer Logic is seeking to engage a dynamic individual for the Project Manager position for one of our clients.
Key Result Areas
Key Result Areas
- Responsible for managing contractor safety programs on construction projects;
- Training including induction and capacity building of staff;
- Review assigned projects to establish critical path milestones, action plans, and schedules;
- Preparing monthly progress reports and other reports for Management;
- Setting up safety, health and environmental sustenance rules and regulation at all working places;
- Monitoring safety at working places;
- Hands-on, onsite management of general construction and supervision of hired contractors required to complete project activities;
- Assist in the defining of and managing the development budgets and the programs;
- Work closely with the management team / client to co-ordinate the planning and development process of each project;
- Manage the contracted consultant teams to optimize contract terms and ensure timely delivery of all objectives;
- Contribute in discussions about design related activities and be involved in the product development aspect of the development process;
- Introduce best-practice systems of project and construction management, leading the implementation of quality control and relationship management techniques, in close co-ordination with the Managing Director/Finance Manager;
- Assist in the management and co-ordination of all project cost control and quantity surveying activities within the Company;
- To manage consultant teams and the contractors to ensure that the key deliverables relating to time, cost and quality are achieved for each project;
- Preparation and filling of BoQs, assisting in bid document preparation, attending pre and post-bidding meetings; and
- To participate in business development activities.
- 5 – 7 years’ experience in the construction industry;
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil / Electrical Engineering;
- Must be registered as a Professional Engineer with the Engineers Board of Kenya ;
- Must have a valid Practicing Certificate;
- Qualification in Project Management; and
- Proficiency in Microsoft Projects.
- Proficient with job costing procedures;
- A Strong working knowledge of all aspects of construction project and commercial management including budgeting, contractual agreements, construction techniques, design process, scheduling and quality assurance procedures, building trades, construction materials, and building codes;
- Excellent oral and written communication in English; and
- Culturally sensitive with the ability to work effectively with diverse constituencies at a local, regional and international level including contractors, government officials and other key stakeholders.
How to Apply
If you believe your career objectives match this exciting position, please forward your application and detailed C.V stating your current position, remuneration, contact details by 11th July 2016 to the Sheer Logic Management Consultants E- Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org clearly marking “Project Manager” on the subject line
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted