Duma Works is recruiting a Financial Controller for our client; a leading manufacturer of glass and table ware.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee and supervise petty cash, banking and payroll
- Prepare management accounts
- Prepare annual audited accounts
- Coordinate and direct the preparation of budget and escalate for approval
- Ensure that all monthly and periodical financial returns are filed with the relevant authorities
- Efficiently manage cash flow
- Advise on investment decisions based on income & cash flow
- Liaise with external auditors e.g. KRA for both legal and statutory compliance
- Supervise the team to ensure that billing and collections are done on time
- Supervise the property manager to ensure that the properties generate ROI
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- CPA (K)/ACCA Finalist
- At least 10 years relevant experience 4 of which are at a Senior level in accounting & finance
- Excellent accounting software user and administration skills
- Self-motivated and well organised
- Ability to work under pressure with minimum supervision
- Demonstrate proactivity and due diligence
Reports to: Vice-Chairman
Cover Letter and a detailed CV are to be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org marking the subject as “2299”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 2299, Barack Obama, 07xxxxxxxxx.
If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Deadline for receiving applications: 16th July 2016
N.B.* When applying to any job through Duma Works, you can expect that after you apply, you will receive a confirmation email, and then an SMS alert asking you to take a basic screening test over email or SMS. The test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test, and if you ever have any issues with the process, please reach out to 0702093793.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we won’t be able to forward your application to the employer. This is to save both you and the employer time and make sure you both find the best match.