Sheer Logic is seeking to engage a dynamic individual for the Field Coordinator position for one of our clients.
The role will seek and deliver increased engagement by adolescents and people with disabilities.
Key Result Areas
Key Result Areas
1. Implementation of Adolescent Reproductive Health Project and SRH activities
- Developing activities which will create platforms for disseminating ASRH info such as health talks, meet up sessions with youth and parents / gate keepers;
- Identifying community outposts who’ll be key influence points to the adolescents, passive mothers, aspiring pre-children;
- Recruitment of influential youth groups and community groups to disseminate ASRH info;
- Engagement and liaison with community organisations and associations targeting youth; and
- Provision / distribution of IEC materials.
2. Supervision of YPEs and CHVs in the project
- Maintain records of all the CHVs and YPEs appointed and working with respective CHV supervisor and Youth Activation Officer;
- Organize recruitment and training of the YPEs and CHVs on ASRH on need basis;
- Identifying the YPEs and CHVs who empathize with the adolescents; and
- Ensure that the Youth Activation Officers and CHV supervisors are motivated to carry out the tasks.
3. Collaboration with Service Providers with regards to provision of youth friendly services
- Monitoring service uptake by the adolescents at the provided service Continuous needs assessment of the service provider on provision of youth friendly services;
- Creation and maintenance of Diva Zones or Youth related space within the clinics; and
- In collaboration with the Outreach team, organize for youth pop up events for service uptake.
4. Stakeholder engagement
- In collaboration with Marketing Officers and Regional Coordinators, organize briefings to relevant County authorities on the C4C activities; and
- Involvement of CHMT in supervising trainings and other activities for Activation Officers, YPEs and CHVs.
- Diploma or Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences, Public Health, Marketing;
- Basic computer skills;
- Excellent communication and networking skills;
- Good understanding of local context and networks;
- Experience working with community and youth groups highly advantageous;
- Experience in coordinating events;
- Understanding of sexual reproductive health will be added advantage;
- Able to work independently;
- Flexible and adaptable; and
- Confident in public speaking.
- Creativity in stimulating ideas and finding potential links between community activities and our client’s work;
- Comfortable and confident in liaising with key government departments and local authorities that serve in particular younger groups; and
- Excellent communicator within our client’s teams, partners and with community groups to develop ideas and formal agreements.
How to Apply
If you believe your career objectives match this exciting position, please forward your application and detailed C.V stating your current position, remuneration, contact details by 06th June 2016 to the Sheer Logic Management Consultants E- Mail: email@example.com clearly marking “Field Coordinator” on the subject line
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted