Our Client, ED&F Man is a leading provider of commodities, logistics and risk management services. The company is employee owned with approximately 4,000 employees working in 50 countries around the world.
ED&F Man is a highly entrepreneurial environment providing the opportunity to build an international career in partnership culture.
Documentation and Logistics Officer – Sugar
The successful candidate will be tasked with the primary role of ensuring accurate and timely management of all activities relating to stock and logistics.
The position will be based in Nairobi.
- Preparing loading orders, updating stock records and following up with clients on their loadings and payments
- Managing contracts and contract terms
- Sending of shipment vessel schedules to clients
- Sending the RFC, IDF, PFI for inspection to be done either by SGS, Intertek or BV
- Following up for draft documents and confirming if they are all in order and get any amendments done (if any)
- Once vessel sails, get the copy documents from the supplier, update Trade on ITAS and raise the final invoice
- Declaring insurance for contracts that are against CIF and updating of the insurance spread – sheets
- Forwarding documents to clearing an forwarding agents in the various countries
- Issuing PFI and chase client for IDF (for Kenyan clients) or arrange inspection for other clients in Tanzania and Uganda
- Allocate the purchase number to sales contract number (for internals)
Qualifications, Experience and Knowledge
- Bachelor’s Degree any related field
- A minimum of 4 years of work experience in a relevant field is essential
- Proven hands – on practical approach
- Ability to manage competing deadlines with strict time constraints
- Excellent system skills is desirable
- Strong interpersonal, teamwork and communications skills
- Flexible, self-reliant and self-driven
How to Apply
Interested candidates are requested to forward their updated CVs to email@example.com by 22nd July, 2016 stating the job title in the subject heading, their current and expected remuneration, daytime telephone contacts and addresses of three referees.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.