Vacancy: Customer Engagement Officer
Job Ref: VW/CO/2
Our client is a young and quickly-growing company serving Kenya’s furniture industry. They are backed by European and American investors.
They are looking for a Customer Engagement Officer who will focus on developing and managing relationships with their customers.
S/he will be based at their office on Mombasa Road but will travel regularly within and outside Nairobi.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Take responsibility for placing orders according to credit rules and credit limit established by your supervisor
- Manage customers’ payment schedules and ensure that customers adhere to credit limits
- Build long-term relationships with clients and service recurring order needs
- Provide all customer support required by the clients in your portfolio
Network within the industry and identify new clients
- Build and grow relationships within the furniture manufacture industry
- Use industry networks and other means to generate new leads on an on-going basis
- Develop a strong understanding of competitors and competing products on the market
Present products to prospective customers
- Pursue leads, research prospects and make initial introductory calls
- Make product presentations which show an in-depth understanding of our products and the client’s needs
- Offer recommendations to your supervisor about creditworthiness of new customers
- Close relationships and coordinate orders with our warehouse
Qualifications, Experience and Skills
- A preference for 1-2 years’ experience in a role with sales or customer relations responsibilities
- Furniture industry knowledge or experience is a plus, but not a requirement
- Extremely strong interpersonal skills and success developing productive professional relationships
- A mature professional who can comfortably relate with business owners and senior purchasing managers
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail. Ability to analyse customer statements and proactively identify and address issues with customer accounts
- Proficient with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Eager to join a young, quickly-growing organisation and team
Remuneration: An attractive salary is on offer dependent on skills, qualifications and experience.
To apply, send your CV in word format with a recent photograph of yourself embedded in the top right hand corner.
Attach an application letter demonstrating how your skills, experience and qualifications are transferrable to the role.
All documentation is to be emailed to email@example.com, quoting the Job Reference in the subject header of your mail.
ONLY short listed candidates will be contacted