Our client, Daraja Microfinance Bank was licensed by Central Bank of Kenya as a community Microfinance Bank for the Dagoretti Division, since January 2015.
Daraja’s target market is the Micro and Small Enterprises (MSEs), their owners and employees with the underlying goal being to help both individuals and groups achieve their financial goals. As part of its strategic plan, Daraja Bank is seeking to go national to be among Tier 1 MFBs in Kenya.
Human Resource Officer
The Human Resource Officer is for responsible for maintaining and enhancing the organization's human resources by planning, implementing and evaluating human resources policies, programs and practices.
- Developing and revising/updating existing human resource policies and procedures based on arising needs, sensitizing staff and facilitating the implementation of the same
- Identifying staff vacancies and carrying out the whole process of recruitment to fill in these vacancies
- Implementing the in-house organizational plans and strategy on training and development needs
- Conducting orientation for newly appointed staff to foster positive attitude towards the organizational objectives
- Overseeing the process of performance management while adhering to the company standards
- Advising the management on sound employee relations strategies to ensure full compliance with legal requirements in line with the existing labor laws
- Maintaining the work structure by updating job requirements and job descriptions for all positions
- Facilitating staff development programs e.g. indoor trainings, mentoring, coaching and preparing training programs
- Designing and improving training courses and programs necessary to meet training needs or manage this activity via external provider(s).
- Assessing relevant training needs for staff individuals and organization in consultation with departmental heads
- Developing trainer development programs and coach others
Key Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in any relevant field
- A minimum of 4 years working experience
- Proven track record of having successfully trained a large work force
- Certificate on Training of Trainers is an added advantage
The Risk Officer is responsible for managing bank wide risk in accordance to regulatory requirements.
- Manage the implementation of all aspects of the risk function, including implementation of processes, tools and systems to identify, assess, measure, manage and report risks.
- Identify, assess and monitor risk on an ongoing firm-wide and individual entity basis and support in the implementation of internal controls which are effective in design and operation.
- Undertake quality control reviews for the business units to ensure consistent implementation of policy and processes across all business units and identify any gaps, challenges and improvement measures.
- Provide consolidated reporting, inclusive of an overall risk profile, ensuring that major risks are identified and reported to the Board Risk Management Committee on risk hotspots, measures and recommendations.
- Communicate board and regulatory responses or directives to business units.
- Monitor adherence to compliance, AML and KYC standards
- Assist in the development of and manage processes to identify and evaluate business areas’ risks and risk and control self-assessments. These include snap checks and other management monitoring checks / toolkits.
- Manage the process of developing risk policies and procedures, risk limits and approval authorities.
- Generate all KPIs / periodic reporting / MI / data in an appropriate form and timely manner to ensure that all direct and indirect areas of Risk are operating efficiently and conforming to agreed policies, processes, mandates and interpretations
- Implement and manage the risk and control assessment reporting process as well as manage and maintain management reports, follow up of issues identified for conclusive resolution
- Undertake training to staff on inherent risks and controls in the processes within their control.
Key Skills and Qualifications:
- Degree in Business / Finance / Accounting or related field.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a credit function in a financial institution handling micro and small business either individual or group level.
- Sound understanding of lending in microfinance industry.
- Lending and relationship management experience to create a balance between credit risk and business/customer service.
- Experience in financial auditing is an added advantage.
- Experience in supervision at centralized credit operations is an added advantage
How to Apply
Interested candidates are requested to forward their updated CVs to email@example.com by 27th July 2016 stating their current and expected remuneration, daytime telephone contacts and addresses of three referees.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.