Farsight Africa Group is a leading full-service Pan-African communications and research company that delivers impactful solutions to companies, governments, development organizations’ and individuals across East Africa.
Farsight is recruiting a senior research consultant with demonstrated experience with quantitative and qualitative methodologies to develop on commissioned research.
You can demonstrate experience in using mixed methods in research and evaluation work.
He/she should work well and can maintain focus under time and resource constraints.
And also work well in collaboration with team colleagues.
- Develop high quality proposals, research protocols and collaborative work agendas
- Manage research assistants on specific assignments
- Lead on consultancy bids requiring specialist research skills
- Support quality assurance processes and project management on key assignments undertaken by other staff and associates, including client management, quality assurance and financial control
- Implement and deliver consultancy, research, policy, advocacy and other advisory projects
- Perform other reasonable duties in support of the organization as requested by the Managing Director.
- Master’s degree in relevant field.
- Minimum 5 years or more in depth knowledge of and experience of quantitative and qualitative research methods.
- Excellent command of English in written and oral expression, including writing clearly and concisely for different audiences (E)
Experience & Skills
- Experience of proposal development and writing, budget preparation and monitoring
- Excellent partner, client and team management skills
- Experience of applying social science research skills to research projects, evaluations and impact assessments, spanning at least 5 years, in areas of, international development, human rights, gender issues etc.
- Proven experience of designing, delivering and reporting on commissioned assignments.
- Worked in a cross-cultural environment
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to multi task and work to deadline
- Willingness to travel as part of research assignments
- Working experience in hostile environment is an added advantage
How to Apply:
Send in your resumes with detailed portfolio on or before 26th June 2016 with the subject line REF: SENIOR RESEARCH CONSULTANT to firstname.lastname@example.org.