Job Title: Program Assistant
Role Summary: The program assistant provides administrative, grants and logistical to a program.
S/he works closely with the grants unit, which has the overall responsibility for the administration and financial management of grants within programs.
This position reports to Associate Program Director
- Implementation of our client’s policies and procedures as relates to planning and coordination of assignment taks
- Timely and accurate reports
Program Administration Matters
- Assists the Associate Program Director and the Country Program Officers(DR Congo, Rwanda, Sierra Leone, Liberia and Senegal in securing proposals submiited in the required format.
- Drafts the narratives portion of the grant memo, obtaining all necessary documentation related to the initial reviewof the grant by the Program Review Team.
- Assistant the Associate Program Director and the Program Officers in reviewing funding requests and processes declinations
- Assists the grants unit in following up on overdue reports and ensures that the same are presented in reqeuired format.
- Process all program administrative actions i.e. consultancies, travel grants and other contracts
- Maintains a shared spreadsheet reflecting expenses on all program administrative actions
- Follows up on program approvals for grants extension, amendments,cancellations and rescissions and ensures that all documentation required to process these is gathered and forwarded to the grant unit
- Faciliatates the translation of documentation submitted to the program into English.
- Gathers information required by the program officers in writing their research papers
General Administrative Matters
- Handles telephone and all appointments
- Maintains database of contacts
Conference / Meeting / Workshops
- Handles all arrangement including outside logistics related to conference and workshops within the program
- Organizes all in-house meetings and record deliberations of the same
- Attend meetings /workshops on behalf of the officers and writes a report
- Planning and organising
Technical Competencies for the position:
- Accuracy and attention to detail:
- Managing resources:
- Communication and interpersonal relations
- Intercultural sensitivity and effectiveness
- Team work
Academic and professional Qualification
- Bachelors degree in commerce, Business Administration or Economics
- Computer proficiency in : word, Excel, Outlook, Internet search skills, PowerPoints, and ability to learn new applications quickly.
- At least 3 years relevant experience in program administration
- Knowledge /experience in collection of data and preparation of reports
- Experience in research-related field would be an added advantage
How to ApplyIn case you believe your career objective match this exciting position, please forward your application and detailed c.v stating your current position, remuneration (attach current payslip), benefits by 5pm on 3rd July, 2016 firstname.lastname@example.org